-Fixed a pause menu issue on iOS7.
-If you are experiencing a crash on startup please email firstname.lastname@example.org as we would *love* to help!
Earn Mad credits to use towards purchase of 24 new levels, 3 new traps and 2 sets of cheats.
Use poison gas or falling anvils or remotely detonate dynamite on command in custom matches. In single-player use Insta-Kill to immediately vanquish the enemy spy. Reval-O-Matic displays the embassy map showing the location of all inventory items & stars.
SPY vs SPY is based on the original, multi-million unit selling, break out hit by First Star Software, Inc. It features online & local multiplayer matches, a pixel perfect retro mode as well as a modern mode, both with the famous black and white spies from MAD Magazine. Choose joystick or other touch controls.
SPY vs SPY is the ultimate action/strategy game!
#1 iPhone app in USA, Canada, Australia, Mexico, New Zealand, and Poland
#1 iPad app in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Sweden
* Online + local multiplayer support - sabotage and intrigue included
* Integrated Game Center leaderboards and achievements
* 16 brand new embassies –for a total of 24 plus 24 additional embassies as an in-app-purchase
* Play alone in custom matches in up to 48 embassies, each with 5 levels of difficulty –- you select the IQ of the opposing spy
* Retina graphics for the new iPad and iPhone
* New, full screen club-to-club combat in modern mode
* Modern & retro game modes –both featuring Simulvision™, Simulplay™ and your very own Trapulator™
* Up to 8 types of booby-Traps - play as the famous black and white spies from MAD Magazine
* Includes the original theme music plus 4 new remixes
* Universal app - play on iPad, iPhone, and iPod
HOW TO WIN:
Your mission: escape the embassy, top secret briefcase in hand. Remember, all else is but a mere distraction! You must locate and finally collect the missing passport, traveling money, key and secret plans before making your way to the airport door to board your plane - all before time runs out -all while placing booby-traps for your opponent, avoiding or defusing those set by him and engaging in club-to-club combat.
~~~~~ And the critics love it! ~~~~~
"Robots & Pencils have done a great job bringing a classic game over to iOS and fans of the original will be able to jump right back in the action with fresh visuals that only add to the original experience. For those players, it's a game that really lends itself to the pick-up and play style, and quick levels make it perfect for gaming on the go. The tutorial also makes it easy for someone who's never played Spy vs Spy to get started, laying out the details without taking too long. Overall, the game looks and plays great and anyone ready for a new iOS game to sink their teeth into should definitely check it out later this summer." - MTV Geek!
"For retroheads, this new iOS version looks set to bring back some warm and fuzzy memories, as - while it may sport upgraded graphics and new touch controls - it's effectively the same game you remember bashing away at on your C64 or ZX Spectrum." - Pocket Gamer
"These features and the strategic gameplay make Spy vs. Spy a fantastic remake and expansion of a classic game. Now, if we could just remember where we put that furshlugginer bomb..." - slide to Play
Original game designed, developed and published by First Star Software, Inc.
MAD, SPY VS SPY AND ALL RELATED NAMES AND CHARACTERS ARE TRADEMARKS OF E.C. PUBLICATIONS, INC. FIRST STAR SOFTWARE, INC. AND ITS LOGO ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF FIRST STAR SOFTWARE, INC. SIMULVISION™, SIMULPLAY™ AND TRAPULATOR™ ARE TRADEMARKS OF FIRST STAR SOFTWARE, INC. DEVELOPED AND PUBLISHED UNDER LICENSE FROM FIRST STAR SOFTWARE, INC. AND E.C. PUBLICATIONS. GAME DESIGNS AND CODE © 1984, 2013 FIRST STAR SOFTWARE, INC. ALL RELATED RIGHTS RESERVED. WWW.FIRSTSTARSOFTWARE.COM
- July 26, 2012 Initial release
- July 26, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- July 27, 2012 New version 1.1
- July 31, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- July 31, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- August 30, 2012 New version 1.2
- December 01, 2012 New version 1.3
- December 08, 2012 New version 1.4
- January 08, 2013 New version 1.5
- February 27, 2013 New version 1.6
- August 10, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- October 08, 2013 New version 1.7
- October 08, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- October 13, 2013 New version 1.8
- December 11, 2013 New version 1.9
- June 26, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99