148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: MONOCHROME DELIGHT :: Read Our Full Review >>
A real time black and white camera for the iPhone that provides creative control to photographers and puts photo filter apps to shame.
What's NewWHAT'S NEW IN 2.5
LOSSLESS TIFF: Hueless now has the option to save your photos in Lossless TIFF format! This uncompressed format is treasured by serious mobile photographers for it's suitability & resilience in editing and printing.
MAX QUALITY JPEG: If JPEG is still your thing, you can now choose between the default JPEG 90 (High Quality) or JPEG 100 (Max Quality) setting for your Hueless photos.
- Touch-and-hold the "H" button to switch between JPEG and TIFF formats on the fly. Settings for JPEG quality and TIFF formats are available in the iOS Settings app Hueless pane.
FIXES & ENHANCEMENTS IN 2.5
- Improved shutter response
- Various EXIF updates
- Mitigated ICC profile warnings
▧ Keep the feedback & photos coming and, most of all, enjoy shooting! ▧
App DescriptionHueless. The Black & White Camera for iPhone.
Hueless helps you to take better black & white photographs with pioneering Live B&W Preview, Exposure & Contrast Adjustments and Color Filters. The image you see in the viewfinder is the image you see in the Photo Roll. Full-resolution, no post-processing required.
**Please note that Hueless does not post-process images from your camera roll. Hueless is a camera.**
▧ "This is certainly the app that Ansel Adams would have on his home screen. When I’m in the mood to shoot pure black and white this is my go to app." - Richard Koci Hernandez ▨
The perfect companion for the iPhone photographer, Hueless is the experience of loading a roll of black & white film into iPhone and capturing the beauty of light & shadow.
▧ "It really is absolutely, positively one of my favorite apps for the iPhone... If you don't have it, shame on you!" - John Gruber / Daring Fireball, The Talk Show ▨
Hueless is focused on features designed to give you creative control in your photography.
- JPEG or Lossless TIFF photo saving options
- Custom Presets: Save your favorite image adjustments and interface settings to a bank of 4 presets and jump back-&-forth between the last 2 presets used with a tap
- Share your Preset Image Adjustment Formulas with other Hueless photographers via email, Twitter & Facebook
- Geotag your photos! Turn geotagging ON and OFF in the iOS Settings Hueless pane
- HIGH ISO mode for expanded low-light performance (on supported hardware)
- "Quick Review" your last shot with a touch-&-hold on the Review Button
- Live Exposure Control Slider
- Live Contrast Adjustment Slider with Contrast (black/white) Balance
- Variable Live color Filters in Red, Orange, Yellow, Green and Blue
- Variable aspect shooting: 4:3 (full frame), 3:2, 1:1 & 2.39:1 (cinema) aspects any time, with a pinch of the live preview
- Rule of Thirds, Architectural and 1:1 dynamic alignment grids.
- Regular, Expanded, Rest & Release and Volume + Hardware shutter release options
- Tap to Focus, Touch-&-Hold for Focus/Exposure Lock, Double-Tap for Auto Focus/Exposure
- Extended Flash support with "LAMP" mode
- Standard EXIF with custom Artist Credit entry
- Export your photos to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and email
- Launch Center Pro support with actions to launch with presets
The on-screen interface is happy to get out of your way, with a tap on the Hueless "H" button you can hide/show the on-screen camera interface for undistracted shooting.
Hueless is the b&w camera for iPhone that brings the "What You See is What You Get" to black & white mobile Photography.
▧ We love to see what you are shooting with Hueless!
Follow @Hueless on Twitter and Instagram to see great b&w photos from around the world and share your photos with #Hueless for recognition and retweets.▨
If you enjoy shooting with Hueless please consider leaving a review, it really helps people discover our camera.
May 10, 2013 New version 2.5
March 29, 2013 New version 2.2
March 27, 2013 New version 2.1
January 01, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
November 30, -0001 Initial Release