small cosmetic fixes
Special offer for the offseason, save 60%!
Out of the Park Baseball, the most realistic and best-selling baseball management game ever created, is available for iOS as a brand new 2012 version!
"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
"iOOTP Baseball 2012 takes a second crack at nailing the management experience on iOS and the results are astonishing." (Slide to Play)
"iOOTP Baseball 2012 Edition is able to deliver the thrill of the game through mere text." - Bronze Award (Pocket Gamer)
"Baseball freaks who want that heavily stat-based front office experience will find a rich and detailed sim." (GamerPops)
PLEASE NOTE: The iPhone 3G / iPod Touch 2nd gen or older are NOT supported!
New features in iOOTP Baseball this year:
- Real 2012 rosters! Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 10 minor league prospects for each team.
- Detailed player histories are kept and there are more leaderboards.
- Historical seasons now feature real schedules.
- Includes one new fictional setup, along with the ability to choose any year to start your fictional league, complete with stats and finances from that era.
- While managing a game, you can opt to use pitch-by-pitch mode, and you can sim until a specific inning. You can also change game options during a sim.
- Modify league rules and names (DH-rule, finances etc.)
- Easier file transfer via iTunes Share
- We improved the AI throughout the game and also enhanced the unser interface.
- Universal build, the iPad HD version is included for free!
iOOTP Baseball 2012 features a living world that uses the same robust simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball for Mac and PC, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Out of the Park Baseball is the second-highest-rated PC game ever on Metacritic and also received the PC Gamer Sports Game of the Year Award.
The game offers three gameplay modes:
- Major Leagues: Choose a team and play out the 2012 season. Will Yu Darwish dominate? When will Bryce Harper debut? Find out!
- Fictional: iOOTP creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
- Historical Replay: Choose one of three past seasons -- 1924, 1969, or 2004 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Every other year in history is available as in-app purchase!
After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:
- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!
- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.
- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft amateurs, promote players from the minors etc.
During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?
During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?
As iOOTP's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.
iOOTP Baseball is the ultimate game for baseball fans!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
- April 05, 2012 Initial release
- April 30, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- July 01, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- October 04, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- October 05, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- October 08, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- October 21, 2012 New version 1.0.4
- October 31, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- November 27, 2012 New version 1.0.5
- April 26, 2013 New version 1.0.6