- Word Social now uploads your score twice at the end of a game, if necessary, to address network glitches
- More robust system for resetting your rating if your score wasn't received in time
- Fixes the problem that phone calls, etc. would occasionally disable the sound effects
- Supports the iPad Pro's native screen resolution
Word Social is an addictive new game for the iPhone and iPad where you search for words in a grid of 4x4 random letters.
It's a social (i.e., party) because everybody who's online plays against each other! Everybody sees the same grid at the same time. At the end of each 2-minute game, you find out how well you did against your competition.
Word Social uses the Elo rating system to mathematically calculate a rating for you based on who you play and how well you do against them (i.e., if you win or lose). Compare ratings with your friends for bragging rights!
Word Social is made by the developer of tChess (the popular chess app) and Learn Chess (the Apple Staff Favorite e-book).
- June 10, 2014 Initial release
- November 14, 2015 New version 1.0.4
- December 17, 2016 New version 1.0.5