148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: CONVERSATIONAL :: Read Our Full Review >>
Quip is a lovely Twitter conversation manager for iPad
What's New- View your Twitter Lists
- Streaming (over wifi, when auto-refresh is on in Settings)
- Auto-refresh intervals of 1, 5 or 10min (or manual refresh)
- A new 'Who's tweeting' notification UI which lets you see who is posting new tweets without having to change your position in the timeline
- Read Later services (Instapaper, Pocket and Readability) via long-tapping links, which also now includes Copy link, Open link and Open in Safari
- Localizations for French, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
- Better timeline scrolling performance
- Native Twitter pics are larger and show more detail
- Double-tap the Messages icon to mark all as read
- New animation when expanding and collapsing conversations
- When set to auto-refresh (which changes to streaming when there is a wifi network), new tweets appear above if you're partway through your timeline, but if you're at the very top, they push everything else down so you can keep it open at your desk and go hands-free.
- UI tweaks & bug fixes
App DescriptionSpend less time managing Twitter, and more time enjoying it. Tweetglass is a Twitter app for iPad with a special focus on automatically streamlining and condensing your timeline, especially when it comes to conversations.
✭ Take a look at Tweetglass (formerly named Quip) in action at: quipdemo.com ✭
Imagine trying to follow a conversation in real life if the group of people involved all spoke backwards while others nearby kept interrupting with random comments. It sounds crazy but that's what it can often be like when scanning a normal Twitter timeline.
With Tweetglass, replies show their context right where they are. You don't have to chase conversations down or drill down away from the timeline because Tweetglass groups them by default and puts them the right way around for you.
Other unique features of Tweetglass include three timeline filters:
1. Conversations: tweets that are part of a conversation
2. Retweets: tweets that have been retweeted 5+, 10+, 20+ or 50+ times
3. Images: tweets that have images included
Tweetglass also has a really handy timeline overview that allows you to quickly scan through your tweets and find & fill gaps in your timeline with just a tap.
When replies appear on their own instead being grouped into a conversation (for example in Search results, other user's timelines or when the parent tweet is not yet in the database), connecting conversations is as easy as tapping the conversation button or holding your finger down on the large avatar. The same avatar-hold gesture can be used to load all available replies to normal tweets.
We hope you enjoy using Tweetglass as much as we've enjoyed developing it. :)
"In just a few days of testing, [Tweetglass] has revealed a new side of twitter to me"
- 4 stars, 148Apps
"[Tweetglass] is no ordinary Twitter app."
"The conversation view in [Tweetglass] is second to none."
- 4.5 stars, t3kd.com
"Make Sense of Your Twitter Feed"
- Gizmodo App of the Day
December 22, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
October 10, 2012 New version 1.1
June 19, 2012 New version 1.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release