We cannot answer questions or comments posted on the appstore. Please use our discussion board instead.
This version resolves an issue requesting permission to display home location on maps.
Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Plus is the most comprehensive identification guide to fish found around the UK coastline available on the Appstore today.
Many of the listed species will also apply to the Irish coasts and Northern European shores upto Norway.
The guide contains over 170 fish entries to help the recreational angler recognise fish caught from the shore, small boat or kayak. (the guide also includes quite a few sharks).
Further mini species may be found in the following guides
• Pocket Guide UK Seashore
• Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Bait
Extra utilities are provided to help you.
- nb. These are not found in any other fish recognition guide
• A Range and Height Finder.
- nb. See how far you can cast using the built in RANGE FINDER.
• UK day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
- nb. use the map to set the location pin.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern and Southern Hemispheres
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
• Useful Website and References list
Search features to help identify your catch
• Text search
- nb. Wildcards are supported, can search your own custom notes.
• Picture gallery
- nb. Select image to open detail page.
• Shape Finder
- nb. Find fish by their type or shape.
Sea Fish entries include
• Pinch to Zoom the high quality image provided for each species
- nb. Select the image to use the zoom feature
• Detailed Description
• Specialised Information
• Other info as necessary such as image attribution, link to image source.
• Historical catch rates
• Minimum landing sizes
Main Scroll View can be optionally viewed by
• Family taxonomy
• Genus taxonomy
• Conservation status
• Includes a variety of useful information
• Bookmark any entry to the Bookmark View
• Add Custom Notes to ANY entry
• Use the Counter feature to count sightings
Social features allow posting TEXT and PICTURES to your wall or feeds.
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
Please contact us to discuss the app or raise support questions using any of the following.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support and News forums for each app
• [email protected]
• This App DOES NOT require an internet connection for most features.
• Defra Commercial Minimum Landing Sizes (MLS) are quoted in the guide.
• Local river authority byelaws may apply for certain fish and these should be sought where ever necessary.
• IFCAs have replaced SFCs setting local bylaws and legal minimum retention sizes which should be sought from the listed regional IFCAs, see region map for your local IFCA.
• ALL fish listed have been reported or documented as being caught from British waters.
• Mini species have not been included in this guide as they have low sport or culinary value to the recreational angler, where they have use as bait then they are included in the Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Bait and also many more smaller species may be found in our Pocket Guide UK Seashore.
• The main Sharks found around the UK are listed in the Sharks section.
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• We have not been able to obtain pictures yet for two species and these will be updated when we obtain them.
- February 18, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
- April 25, 2012 New version 1.9.3
- July 03, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- April 03, 2013 New version 2.0.6
- August 16, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- October 19, 2014 New version 2.4.1
- April 30, 2015 New version 2.4.2