Resolved an issue requesting permission to display home location on maps.
Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Plus is a great reference guide for a wide range of the fish found around the UK coastline, many will also apply around the Irish coasts and Northern European shores upto Norway.
The guide contains over 170 entries for helping the recreational angler identify fish caught from the shore, small boat or kayak. (including quite a few sharks!)
Main Scroll View can be optionally re-categorised by
• Family taxonomy
• Genus taxonomy
• Conservation status
• Includes a variety of useful information
Search features to help identify your catch
• Text search
- nb. Wildcards are supported, can search your own custom notes.
• Picture gallery
- nb. Select image to open detail page.
• Group (called Shape Finder) search
Sea Fish entries include
• Pinch to Zoom high quality image for each species
- nb. Select the image to use the zoom feature
• Detailed Description
• Specialised Information
• Other info as necessary such as image attribution, link to image source.
• UK day and night weather prediction view for around the next 5 days.
- nb. use the map to set the location pin.
• Moon phases for the next 70 days.
- nb. Northern and Southern Hemispheres
• Sunrise/Sunset, Moon Rise/Set and Twilight Start/Set.
• Historical catch rates
• Minimum landing sizes
• Useful Website and References list
• Bookmark any entry to the Bookmark View
• Add Custom Notes to ANY entry
• Use the Counter feature to count sightings
Social features allow posting TEXT and PICTURES to your wall or feeds.
Other utilities are provided to help
• A Range and Height Finder.
Installing the data
• CHECK DATABASE function to install or update data as necessary.
Please contact us to discuss the app or raise support questions using any of the following.
• Webpage Contact Us Support Form
• In App Contact Us Support Email
• Support Email Address
• Support and News forums for each app
• [email protected]
• This App DOES NOT require an internet connection for most features.
• All images are saved to the applications library/plists folders for reuse as required by associated license agreement where stated, where no license is stated image reuse is not permitted please contact the developers to discuss.
• We cannot answer questions on the appstore, please contact us directly with any support questions or issues.
• Defra Commercial Minimum Landing Sizes (MLS) are quoted in the guide.
• Local river authority byelaws may apply for certain fish and these should be sought where ever necessary.
• IFCAs have replaced SFCs setting local bylaws and legal minimum retention sizes which should be sought from the listed regional IFCAs, see region map for your local IFCA.
• Mini species have not been included in this guide as they have low sport or culinary value to the recreational angler, where they have use as bait then they are included in the Pocket Guide UK Sea Fishing Bait and also many more smaller species may be found in our Pocket Guide UK Seashore.
• ALL fish listed have been reported or documented as being caught from British waters.
• We are missing images for two species and these will be updated when we obtain them.
• The main Sharks found around the UK are listed in the Sharks section.
- April 30, 2015 New version 2.4.2
- October 19, 2014 New version 2.4.1
- August 16, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- April 03, 2013 New version 2.0.6
- July 03, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- April 25, 2012 New version 1.9.3
- February 18, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99