Ando Hiroshige (1797-1858), Japanese painter and printmaker, known especially for his landscape prints. The last great figure of the Ukiyo-e, or popular, school of printmaking, he transmuted everyday landscapes into intimate, lyrical scenes that made him even more successful than his contemporary, Hokusai.
With Hokusai, Hiroshige dominated the popular art of Japan in the first half of the 19th century. His work was not as bold or innovative as that of the older master, but he captured, in a poetic, gentle way that all could understand, the ordinary person's experience of the Japanese landscape as well as the varied moods of memorable places at different times. His total output was immense, some 5400 prints in all.
The Plum Garden in Kameido, Great Bridge, Sudden Shower at Atake, The Lake at Hakone, The Morning glow at the Nihonbashi, Clear Weather After Snow at Kameyama….. are few of great creations by Hiroshige. Download the app and enjoy 70+ creations by the great Hokusai master.
- iOS 5.0 compatible
- Universal app - runs on iPad/iPhone/iPod touch
- Auto Play feature, which will automatically play slide show of paintings.
- Film strip is there to select paintings and start auto play from that painting
- You can play/stop your favorite music by selection of music from your iPod library, while viewing paintings.
- Share paintings to your friends and family via FaceBook and Email.
- Use Swipe to move next / previous paintings.
- Use Pinch to zoom in/out.