What's New- Added properly upscaled tool icons for the tool pod on Retina Display devices.
- Improved the reliability of 3 finger tap to show/hide the toolbar.
- Fixed a problem that could cause paintings to fail to generate a thumbnail preview in the gallery if they are too large (eg. Retina display paintings displayed on a non Retina iPhone).
- Fixed a problem that could cause the Merge buttons when editing layers to update incorrectly after deleting or moving layers.
- Fixed a problem that prevented emails with Painting files attached correctly opening the Painting in ArtRage when tapped.
App DescriptionSuggested for iPhone 4 or later.
Express your artistic side with easy to use painting and drawing tools that work just like the real thing!
ArtRage packs a powerful physical paint simulation into a creative experience that lets users of all skill levels explore natural painting on the iPhone.
ArtRage doesn't just place color on a canvas, it keeps track of how much paint there is and how wet it is, so you can blend colors under the brush as you paint without changing to a blending tool, or lay down thick lines of pigment for flattening and smearing with the Palette Knife.
Canvas grain affects the look of your strokes, and drier pigments break up on the surface to create textured effects. It's not just a special effect, it's a live simulation of the properties of real paint.
Add Layers to your painting to work on individual elements without damaging others. Import photos to smear around like oil paint, or as Tracing Images that are overlaid on the canvas, and have ArtRage select colors from them automatically as you paint.
The interface has been designed specifically for the iPhone, compacted to maximize your creative space without hiding away critical functions such as tool and color selection. As you paint, controls get out of the way so that you don’t have to stop and manually adjust panels. With support for Multi-Touch gestures, important shortcuts are available without needing any interface.
- High quality strokes respect the volume of paint on the canvas, letting you play with texture as well as color.
- Oil Brush with thickness and smearing.
- Palette Knife for spreading and blending pigment.
- Paint Tube for laying down thick blobs of oil.
- Inking Pen with auto-smoothing for crisp illustration.
- Pencil for sketching or shading.
- Crayon for waxy shaded lines.
- Eraser and Flood Fill.
- Each tool comes with a set of variant types for different effects.
- Tap and drag tool selection allows you to pick a tool in one quick gesture.
- HLS Color picker for intuitive color selection.
- Color swatches for storing favorites.
- Tap and drag color selection allows you to pick colors in one quick gesture.
- Add Layers to your canvas with easy adjustment of opacity and visibility.
- Unlimited Undo / Redo.
- Tracing Images.
- Create files of 320 x 480, or 640 x 960 (Retina display only).
- Uses shared file space so you can transfer files to and from your desktop computer.
- Export PNG or JPG by email, or export to your Photos App.
- Import photos to a new file or a layer.
- Use the camera as a source for New Files, References, Layers, or Tracing Images.
- Easy access pods in the corners provide important functionality without getting in the way.
- Elements vanish as you paint so you can paint underneath without having to stop.
- Multi-Touch provides instant shortcuts for canvas manipulation and Brush Size.
- Quick Reference and Help cover the basics of the application.
September 26, 2013 New version 1.0.4
February 28, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
January 31, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
November 30, -0001 Initial Release