Welcome to the wonderful world of Atmospheric Apparatuses. Inside you’ll find hinges freshly oiled, springs tightly wound and pistons at the ready.
● Behold, the Video Tile! Witness the best of the Weather Underground TV show, learn the secret alchemy of meteorology and see storms from far‐off lands. Go big or go home. #motivation
● Did we accidentally rain on your parade? Is our humor too dry? Complain! Vent! Speak! Now you can report the rain directly from the precip forecast page.
● Delete recent searches using our ReversaHistoTron, cleverly disguised as “swipe‐to‐delete”. Everyone who requested Mistress Mode can rest easy.
● Collapse time and space by leaping directly through the app icon! 3D Touch wormholes are now operational for your current location, your first favorite, the map and the precip forecast page.
● We’ve streamlined the refine map’s “view station” popover so you can quickly find the weather when you and your hot air balloon circumnavigate the globe. No longer will you arrive at the refine map and stand there like you’ve opened the fridge door and forgotten why.
● Now you can find the “Edit Tiles” button in Settings as well as at the bottom of the app. It exists in two places at once. Like Schrödinger’s Cat, but without the quantum uncertainty.
● Down with unintentional imperialism!! No longer will the overbearing arm of Fahrenheit come crashing down on your Celsius‐specific watch complication. Power to the people who like things in multiples of ten!
● Regarding app crashes: Wikipedia defines “playing dead” as a natural state of paralysis that some animals enter when threatened. We’ve reminded our app that the following things are not a bear: the WunderPhotos tile, missing data values, Daylight Saving Time.
Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 135,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings.
• Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood
• Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed
and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure
• Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily
• Compare today’s weather with local historical data
• Report local weather and hazards to help your community
• Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile
• Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile
• View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat
map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more
• Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite
• Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile
Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar.
WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE!
• View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 8
• Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts
• Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world
• View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile
• Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports,
infographics, scientific discussion and more
• Geek out with the weather radio tile
• Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles
“Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine
“What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine
About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 135,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.
- March 17, 2012 New version 1.1
- April 20, 2012 New version 1.2
- May 11, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- October 17, 2012 New version 2.0
- December 13, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- January 29, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- March 06, 2013 New version 2.0.3
- August 16, 2013 New version 2.0.4
- November 21, 2013 New version 3.0
- December 14, 2013 New version 3.1
- February 13, 2014 New version 3.2
- April 16, 2014 New version 3.3
- April 28, 2014 New version 3.3.1
- July 10, 2014 New version 3.4
- September 27, 2014 New version 4.0
- November 03, 2014 New version 4.0.2
- November 25, 2014 New version 4.0.3
- April 22, 2015 New version 5.0
- May 21, 2015 New version 5.0.1
- August 05, 2015 New version 5.1
- October 06, 2015 New version 5.2
- October 31, 2015 New version 5.2.1
- November 21, 2015 New version 5.3