Cunning. Subterfuge. Gosper glider guns.
Conway's Game of Life demonstrates the emergence of lifelike patterns from the simplest of mathematical origins. But now, that life must fight for survival!
Seed your population, find patterns for explosive growth, and overcome your rivals before you're swallowed up and disappear.
Game of Life Multiplayer follows the same basic rules as Conway's Game of Life, except that now there are up to eight different colours of life all competing for precious space.
Players take turns adding life to their already burgeoning population, building sustainable structures, experimenting, and annihilating the enemy on contact. The more life you create, the more you can add. The more you add, the better your chances of being the one who survives.
WHAT IS CONWAY'S GAME OF LIFE?
- a zero-player game that takes place on a grid
- each square on the grid can either be alive or empty
- which squares will be alive next generation is determined by which squares are alive this generation
HOW DO YOU PLAY GAME OF LIFE MULTIPLAYER?
- by creating a pattern of live squares, lifelike patterns emerge as turns progress
- each turn, add more population and see your patterns grow, shrink, and stabilize
- by guiding your patterns, you can ensure your life's continued survival
- …and you'd better, or else your opponents life will choke out your own!
- compete with your friends; up to eight people can play
- explore… master the generative landscape of Conway's Game of Life
- economize… learn patterns for stability and growth, and for avoiding self-destruction
- strategize… use these patterns to sustain your life, defend yourself, and attack and scout your enemies
- June 17, 2014 Initial release