• Images and text optimized for the third generation iPad's HD retina display
• Improved performance and speed
Dapper John is now available on SEQUENTIAL, the new storefront app for literary graphic novels! Why not purchase Dapper John through SEQUENTIAL and discover many other deluxe digital graphic novels for your iPad? SEQUENTIAL includes several other titles by Eddie Campbell.
Search for SEQUENTIAL on the App Store or download it from here:
"I read and really loved Eddie Campbell's Dapper John on the iPad." – Neil Gaiman
Panel Nine presents over 150 pages of Eddie Campbell! When Alan Moore first saw Eddie Campbell’s In the Days of the Ace Rock ’n’ Roll Club in the 1980s, he wrote, “Eddie Campbell is, in my opinion, one of the most interesting talents, amateur or professional, working in comics at the moment.” It was the start of a beautiful relationship.
Dapper John was an inspiration for John Constantine from Swamp Thing. And it was with Eddie Campbell that Moore created the magnificent From Hell (later adapted by Hollywood with Johnny Depp in the starring role). Campbell, of course, is now recognised as the one of the world’s most talented comics artists, with his Alec stories included in the Comics Journal’s list of the 100 most important comics published. His graphic novels The Fate of the Artist, Bacchus, and The Playwright have all drawn great critical acclaim.
The Ace Club stories here follow the lives of a group of teddy boys in Southend in the 70s – characters who could mythologise their walk down the street before they got to the end of it. The stories are a direct precursor to Campbell’s Alec series and are essential reading for any Campbell fan.
Dapper John: In the Days of the Ace Rock ’n’ Roll Club collects together all the Ace Club stories for the first time and supplements them with:
• previously unpublished colour art by Campbell
• an unpublished crossover strip with Dapper John and a surprise guest
• a survey of the 80s Fast Fiction scene by Campbell with dozens of illustrations
• a look at the ‘teddy boy’ scene in 1970s Southend
• a new introduction by Campbell
• a new interview with Campbell on the creation of the Ace Club stories
Praise for Dapper John: In the Days of the Ace Rock ’n’ Roll Club:
“All in all, Dapper John is an excellent app with great content – certainly one of he best presentations of comics on the iPad I’ve seen.” -- JOHN FREEMAN
“Dapper John is a really enjoyable collection and I highly recommend it.” -- DAVID HINE
Praise for Eddie Campbell:
“Campbell is one of the premier cartoonists of his generation.” -- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY
“No one else in the medium combines emotional truth, literary intelligence, and formal daring with such adroitness and wit.” -- BOOKLIST
“There’s no artist working in comics today whose body of work I admire more than Eddie Campbell’s.” -- TOM SPURGEON, THE COMICS REPORTER
“Do you need me to tell you how good Eddie Campbell is?” -- NEIL GAIMAN
This deluxe app takes advantage of specially designed comics reading software, with super fast and smooth page swiping, Panel and Page modes, bookmarks, visual contents, and more.
- March 01, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- February 12, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- January 02, 2013 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- January 01, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- December 31, 2012 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- December 12, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- September 01, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $9.99
- July 02, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $1.99
- April 14, 2012 New version 2.0
- March 31, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $9.99
- March 16, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $0.99
- February 03, 2012 New version 1.1
- January 31, 2012 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- January 25, 2012 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99