What's NewFixed issue that could cause app to not launch under iOS6.
Fixed issue where the speech button could fail to fully slide onto the screen under certain circumstances.
Older Version 1.4.4
- Added ability to set the number of times a word must be spelled correctly before it will be considered "mastered" (default is three).
- Added the ability to view the contents of each spelling list from the main menu.
- Added the ability to review what words were missed upon reaching the end of a word list.
- Added new information about closed syllables to a couple of the earlier lessons.
- Improved the behavior of the backspace key to initially skip over correct letters.
- Added new silent 'e' spelling tips to a few words.
- Directed all the links in the email/contacts menu to child safe web pages that cannot be navigated away from.
- Added a "tips" button to the email/contacts menu that includes new hints and tips for using Simplex Spelling.
- Keyboard now defaults to QWERTY (can be changed back to alphabetical in the settings menu).
- The app now prompts users to adjust the app settings to their liking immediately upon creating a new user account.
Older Version 1.3.0
A number of improvements based on feedback from educators:
- Updated graphics to support the new iPad
- Changed how the phonogram hint buttons appear to aid more with phonemic awareness.
- Increased the maximum number of user accounts to 40.
- Replaced most of the two syllable words in the early word lists with single syllable words.
- Added some better transition words between one and two syllable words in the earlier word lists.
- The speech button will pulse now after a period of inactivity to help students that are easily distracted to resume working more seamlessly.
- Removed link to social media.
Older Version 1.2.3
Added new spelling rule tips for explaining:
- The use of A, E and EA at the end of words.
- Where Y can be used to make the Long E sound within words.
Included the term "Floss Rule" for double letter endings on words.
Fixed an issue where sound would not play for success words on rare occasions.
Improved the sound quality on a number of audio files.
Thank you everyone for sending your feedback so that we can keep improving Simplex Spelling. We already have more great improvements planned based on your feedback.
Please email email@example.com with any suggestions and if you like Simplex Spelling please leave a rating to let others know how well Simplex Spelling worked for you (you can also email us, or leave a rating directly through the Simplex Spelling app by clicking on the email icon).
App Description‚ėÖ Placed 3rd in the 2012 Best App Ever Awards - Best Elementary Student App.
‚ėÖ Honorable mention in the 2012 Best App Ever Awards - Best Special Needs App.
‚ėÖ AppsforHomeschooling (5/5, Golden App Award, 2011 Readers Choice Award) - "Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 is one of the most powerful spelling apps for phonics I've ever used."
‚ėÖ Applicable2U "your child or student will be gaining a lifetime of academic skills that will be applied throughout their early stages of life."
‚ėÖ Academics' Choice Award
‚ėÖ Parents' Choice Award
‚ėÖ Mobile iEducator (5/5 stars)
‚ėÖ Featured by Apple as "New & Noteworthy", "What's Hot", "Staff Favorite" and "Words for the Wise"
Simplex Spelling improves English spelling and reading skills by using a powerful combination of phonics lessons, spelling/word patterns, our unique ‚Äúreverse phonics‚ÄĚ approach and contextually relevant spelling rules.
Teaches a full year of spelling curriculum with over 450 high frequency words divided into 42 lists that are organized by spelling patterns and difficulty levels. Each of the 42 lists comes with a lesson that teaches one of the basic building blocks of spelling in the English language. These basic building blocks include the different phonograms, sounds, and spelling rules.
Our spelling lists focus on some of the highest frequency words in the English language to help students establish a base foundation of literacy and confidence with spelling and reading.
Students learn a new concept for each lesson building on the skills learned from previous lessons. Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 guides the student and acts as a personal spelling coach with every word, while teaching "how to spell" English words.
Memorization may be sufficient to pass a spelling test, but it often does not transfer into good long term reading and spelling skills. Our goal with Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 is to not only teach a list of words, but to teach students ‚Äúhow to spell‚ÄĚ these words, thus building long term skills that can be used for over 84% of the words in the English language that follow phonetic patterns.
Many studies show that students who learn to read through phonics have a higher level of literacy than students who learn to read by using flash cards and the whole word approach. Also that not all readers are good spellers, but almost all good spellers are also good readers. This is why Simplex Spelling's comprehensive unique phonics approach to spelling really works to create both better spellers and better readers.
‚Ä®Note: All text and voice is entirely in English.‚Ä®
Note: You can not create your own spelling lists.
‚ėÖ Over 450 high frequency words to help build literacy. ‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context and improve vocabulary. ‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Introductory spelling list seamlessly leads students through all of the application‚Äôs features.
‚Ä®‚ėÖ 42 instructional lessons teach phonics, phonograms, and spelling rules. ‚Ä®
‚ėÖ A full ‚Äúreverse phonics‚ÄĚ approach that includes sounds made by all the different letter combinations.
‚ėÖ Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain ‚Äúhow to spell‚ÄĚ English words.‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Letter by letter feedback system provides immediate feedback. ‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Guaranteed success on every word. ‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Support for 40 user accounts. ‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Remembers each user‚Äôs progress in every list.
‚ėÖ User stats screen to see mastered words and words that require further practice. ‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Supports both upper and lower case letters.‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.‚Ä®
‚ėÖ Supports US, UK and Canadian English spelling of words.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads
- Does not share any data
- Does not contain In-App purchases
- Does not link to social media
- Contains links to a kid safe version of the developer's website.
- Contains links to developer email support and to rate the app
September 29, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0.2
November 26, 2012 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
September 22, 2012 New version 1.5.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release