What's NewVersion 2.0.2 major update includes :
- New improved user interface.
- All new an improved graphics.
- New larger keyboard to help students with motor and visual difficulties.
- Added the ability to export student progress reports (accessed from the email button on the Main Menu).
- Added full optimized support for iPhone 5.
- Added support for separate beginning /r/ sound and vowel controlled 'r' sounds.
- Improved the behavior of the backspace key to initially skip over correct letters.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback or suggestions.
App Description- Placed 3rd in the 2012 Best App Ever Awards - Best Elementary Student App.
- Honorable mention in the 2012 Best App Ever Awards - Best Special Needs App.
- AppsforHomeschooling (5/5, Golden App Award, 2011 Readers Choice Award) - "Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 is one of the most powerful spelling apps for phonics I've ever used."
- Applicable2U "your child or student will be gaining a lifetime of academic skills that will be applied throughout their early stages of life."
- Academics' Choice Award
- Parents' Choice Award
- Mobile iEducator (5/5 stars)
Simplex Spelling improves English spelling and reading skills by using a powerful combination of phonics lessons, spelling/word patterns, our unique “reverse phonics” approach and contextually relevant spelling rules.
Teaches a full year of spelling curriculum with over 450 high frequency words divided into 42 lists that are organized by spelling patterns and difficulty levels. Each of the 42 lists comes with a lesson that teaches one of the basic building blocks of spelling in the English language. These basic building blocks include the different phonograms, sounds, and spelling rules.
Our spelling lists focus on some of the highest frequency words in the English language to help students establish a base foundation of literacy and confidence with spelling and reading.
Students learn a new concept for each lesson building on the skills learned from previous lessons. Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 guides the student and acts as a personal spelling coach with every word, while teaching "how to spell" English words.
Memorization may be sufficient to pass a spelling test, but it often does not transfer into good long term reading and spelling skills. Our goal with Simplex Spelling Phonics 1 is to not only teach a list of words, but to teach students “how to spell” these words, thus building long term skills that can be used for over 84% of the words in the English language that follow phonetic patterns.
Many studies show that students who learn to read through phonics have a higher level of literacy than students who learn to read by using flash cards and the whole word approach. Also that not all readers are good spellers, but almost all good spellers are also good readers. This is why Simplex Spelling's comprehensive unique phonics approach to spelling really works to create both better spellers and better readers.
Note: All text and voice is entirely in English.
Note: You can not create your own spelling lists.
- Over 450 high frequency words to help build literacy.
- Words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context and improve vocabulary.
- Introductory spelling list seamlessly leads students through all of the application’s features.
- 42 instructional lessons teach phonics, phonograms, and spelling rules.
- A full “reverse phonics” approach that includes sounds made by all the different letter combinations.
- Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain “how to spell” English words.
- Letter by letter feedback system provides immediate feedback.
- Guaranteed success on every word.
- Support for 40 user accounts.
- Export and email student progress reports.
- Remembers each user’s progress in every list.
- User stats screen to see mastered words and words that require further practice.
- Supports both upper and lower case letters.
- Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
- Supports US, UK and Canadian English spelling of words.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads
- Does not share any data
- Does not contain In-App purchases
- Does not link to social media
- Contains links to a kid safe version of the developer's website.
- Contains links to developer email support and to rate the app
September 29, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0.2
November 26, 2012 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
September 22, 2012 New version 1.5.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release