StackReader is the Stack Exchange Network on your iPad.
Please note, that this app will stop working and be removed from the App Store once the Stack Exchange API 1.x is shut down. StackReader 2 coming some time soon will be a separate application working with the newest API from Stack Exchange.
Stack Exchange is the biggest and most valuable network of Q&A sites covering a variety of topics. Think of it as a combination of Wikipedia, Digg, forums and blogs. It's an online gathering of experts, and they love sharing their knowledge with you. With our app you will never miss any interesting question or answer again, it's like an RSS reader for Stack Exchange Network.
Each site in the network has its own dedicated community, which aim to provide curated content within area of their expertise. Topics range from programming through photography to cooking (and almost 100 other topics).
* access to all Stack Exchange Network sites (including most popular ones: Stack Overflow, Server Fault and Super User) on your iPad,
* follow your favorite tags, people or questions matching any search queries,
* browse questions grouped in several categories,
* built-in browser to access all functionality not yet provided by Stack Exchange Inc. (like asking questions, answering, voting, commenting),
* offline access to questions and answers,
* native iOS app, with its look & feel, sorting, searching, and sharing the most interesting questions by e-mail,
* Retina display ready
Visit our website for pointers on how to get started.
Our support team is ready to help you.
- June 15, 2012 Initial release
- April 10, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- April 12, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- July 15, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- May 12, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!