148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: HONEYED :: Read Our Full Review >>
Bee Leader defies expectations like bees defy the laws of gravity - and both make lots of sweetness.
What's Newv1.6 "Climate Change"
Sweet, Bee Leader has cruised past 3 million downloads on iOS and Mac!
To celebrate we have added the new world Climate Change with 3 new levels for you to explore.
Also, Bee Leader for iOS is ad-supported but we received a few requests to be able to remove them so we've added an in-app purchase option to play ad-free for those who prefer it.
If you like Bee Leader please show it to your friends and feel free to submit a sweet rating or review on the App Store.
Greg & John, Flightless.
- new world Climate Change with 3 new levels
- IAP option to remove ads
- stopped requesting store ratings
- updated minimum requirement to iOS 5.1.1 (still runs on iPad 1 and 3GS!)
- frika-frika-fresh icon
App DescriptionBee Leader - It's busy time!
The bees need you! Become a Bee Leader and help the bees fill their hives with honey.
September 2014 Update: Check out the new world Climate Change!
*** App Store Best of 2012
*** App Store 'Free App of the Week' May 2013
*** Editors' Choice in New Zealand, Australia & Brazil
*** #1 app & game in 6 countries
*** Top 10 iPhone app in 53 countries
*** Top 10 iPad app in 87 countries
* Touch Arcade 4.5 stars - "Bee Leader both surprises and delights from moment one."
* Modojo 4.5 stars - "Challenging, fun and readily-accessible title that ranks right up there with the best iPhone and iPad have to offer."
* The App Shack 4.5 stars - "Will definitely wind up being one of my favorite casual high-scoring arcade games of the year."
* iFanzine 4.5 stars - "A beautifully crafted game that oozes creativity and whimsical charm."
* Gamezebo 4 stars - "A game every iDevice owner should try. Like a honeycomb dripping honey, it oozes quality from nearly every facet."
* App Spy 4 stars - "It's certainly bee-lightful."
* TUAW - "Bee Leader is one of the most charming iPhone games I've come across in a long time."
* Touch Arcade - "trailer was absolutely amazing! iOS developers, take note!"
"Extremely simple concept taken to a level of perfection, almost like Tiny Wings meets Minecraft."
"Totally blown away, looks great on the new iPad, controls really well."
* Touch Arcade Forums - "PERFECT example of how an iOS game should be!"
"Incredible polish and great gameplay. Full recommendation."
"Controls are spot on! Graphics are incredible! Music is perfect!"
* AppCroc.com - "Surely going to blow you away with its amazing visuals and cute characters."
* Best10Apps.com, Editor's Pick - "Addictive and exciting with dazzling UI. You can't miss it."
Fly around the world and hover over flowers to collect nectar. Look out for enemies and bad weather! Collect as much nectar as you can before the sun sets. The faster you get nectar back to your hive the more honey you'll make! Pick up plenty of bonuses along the way - nectar, honey, time, and bee buddies. The more bee buddies you find, the more nectar you'll collect. More nectar means more honey - sweet!
To climb up the Bee Leader ranks fly through different worlds making honey - Just Desert, Country Life, City Heights, Island Time, London Fun and Climate Change. Each world has different obstacles, enemies, flowers, bonuses to break open and other fun interactive goodies. Some worlds are small, others are big, and there's a few surprises along the way.
Control your bee using your preferred method: joystick, touch or tilt. You can also remotely control Bee Leader using another iOS device via wifi or Bluetooth using Joypad, available free from the App Store. See http://getjoypad.com for more details.
Watch the trailers at;
Official Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QhkhlnUv8A&hd=1
Gameplay Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-6HqpeoZb0&hd=1
- available for Mac & iOS & other platforms
- beautiful design & illustration
- full HD/Retina support on iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
- 19 levels over 6 different worlds
- cool flight model & fun physics
- great interactive sound
- social networking & sharing support
- full remote control via wifi/Bluetooth using Joypad
- Game Center leaderboards & achievements
- pesky hornets
A Flightless Production
by Greg Harding, John O'Reilly and Ali Teo.
Copyright 2012 Flightless Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Made using cocos2d/Box2d/ObjectAL/Freesound/Joypad.
October 07, 2014 New version 1.6
September 26, 2013 New version 1.5.2
September 13, 2013 New version 1.5.1
May 06, 2013 New version 1.5
April 25, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
April 24, 2013 New version 1.4
May 24, 2012 Initial Release