➤ Non-timed Game setting for young learners.
★ "iLearn US States hit it right on the spot with their educational approach to this app." - theiPhoneMom.com
★ "This app is a great way for younger students to get familiar with the states and represents a tremendous supplement to any geography or civics lesson." - educationworld.com
★ Winner for the 2011 Best Middle School Student App - BestAppEver.com
A fun way to learn the names and locations of all 50 states and their capitals.
➤ Quiz yourself on both states and capitals.
➤ Easy Mode for beginners.
➤ Spoken pronunciation of each state and capital.
➤ Facts about each state including capital city, flag, bird, statehood and more.
➤ Settings screen to allow students to concentrate on specific states.
➤ Zoom function for north east region
Three modes to choose from for both states and capitals:
• Learn Mode allows you to tap and highlight each state to see its name or capital and hear it spoken. Launch the information panel to view additional facts about each state, including: capital city, nickname, tree and more.
• Game Mode uses both text and audio prompts to see how many states or capitals you can identify. There are two difficulty settings: Easy and Hard. Easy setting does not have a time restriction, and indicates states that have already been found or are not being played. The Easy setting is great for young learners. Hard setting pits you against the clock to see how may states you can identify in one minute. Earn bonus points for any time remaining on the clock. Leader board keeps track of high scores.
• Test Mode is where you can measure your progress similar to how you may be tested in the classroom. Tap each state in any order you choose, and type its name at the prompt. There is no time restriction for Test Mode.
Engaging and fun application designed by a classroom teacher. Game Mode can be addictive, allowing you to unwittingly learn all 50 states in just a few hours.
- April 19, 2013 New version 3.1
- February 14, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- February 09, 2013 New version 3.0
- September 07, 2012 New version 2.2.1
- March 08, 2012 New version 2.2
- January 21, 2012 New version 2.1
- December 10, 2011 New version 2.0
- December 01, 2011 New version 1.1