-Share the content you love with your followers
-Still save your favorite content to your phone in the background
-Use Spool community feed to discover the best content to read or watch
-Find Top Spoolers to follow so you can discover popular content
-See who likes the content you share with our new 'respool' count
-Full matching integration with our new Spool web application
Spool: Discover what the world is reading!
Spool is a community of people saving great content that they want to share with others or that they want to bookmark for themselves.
Become part of a global community of people finding and sharing interesting content. Start by saving content to your Spool account. This will be made available offline so you can read or watch it anytime, anywhere.
When you share great articles and videos to your followers, the Spool community takes notice. People from around the world will follow you or re-spool your content to make a copy for themselves. You can also browse other Spool users’ content and discover new content to read, watch, or share with your followers.
★ Save Content for Yourself: As you find content you want to read later or share with others, send it to Spool.
★ Become a Trusted Member of the Community: Gain followers when you share great content. The more interesting your content is to your followers, the more they will re-spool your content for themselves!
★ Simple Sharing: Share the content you love on Facebook. Your friends and family can see what you’re reading and comment on what you're sharing.
★ Read & Watch Everywhere: Keep your saved pages and videos synced across all of your devices (work/home computers, phone, and tablet)
★ Best Mobile Reading and Viewing: Video on Spool is converted to a format viewable on any mobile device, and can be saved for offline viewing.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
1. Follow Top Spoolers - By following interesting people, you can discover content tailored to your interests.
2. Re-spool articles that you want to read offline or share with your followers. The more interesting content you read and share with your followers, the more you will help the community discover new articles and videos.
3. Send content to Spool so that you can read it later, watch it offline, or share with your followers. You can add content to Spool using the 'Share to' feature on Android, emailing a link, through Dropbox integration, or by using the browser extension for your computer.
SUPPORT AND ABOUT US:
We love hearing from users, so please don't hesitate to contact us:
Please email us before leaving your thoughts in the comments section! We'd love to address your concerns directly.
- April 24, 2012 Initial release
- June 03, 2012 New version 2.1.6