What's NewHola a todos! As seasoned travelers, we all benefit from a local’s insight. One of the best experiences in travel is to end up at a place only the locals know about. Be it that trendy bistro off the main square, that vintage store with those adorable artworks, or that strange bar where people go and play Ping Pong till the wee hours. Now we’ve got an exciting new feature to show you the way: Mini Guides.
Curated by locals and like-minded travelers, Mini Guides will give you the inside edge and help you explore more places off the beaten path. As part of the Triposo community, you’re more than welcome to create your own Mini Guides for the places you love and know well. We’re travelers, and we’re also locals somewhere else.
We're happy to hear that you love our city walks. In this release, we've made more improvements:
• You can create a city walk from a Mini Guide with just a tap
• You can discover city walks created by locals and other travelers in our suggestion stream
• You can share city walks with other travelers and help them explore!
Have fun on your adventures and do let us know what you think! Can you guess the code name of this release? It’s Jalapeños!
App DescriptionOne travel guide for the whole world. It's free and works offline.
Triposo offers you the best travel guide for your phone. Complete and up to date information from the best open sources and handy maps. Download city or country guides and use them offline while you travel. They are all free.
• Start the Triposo Travel Guide and pick the country you will be visiting. The download starts immediately.
• Download once and the guides work offline.
• The guide includes an overview map for the country and detailed city maps for the top cities.
• For major cities, you get a special city guide with information about all the major sights, a list of great restaurants and different nightlife options.
• Travel dashboard with currency converter, weather and useful phrases.
• Includes complete and up-to-date country guides for:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Virgin Islands
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Federated States of Micronesia
Republic of Macedonia
Republic of the Congo
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
* Plus city guides for:
New York City
What people are saying:
"Leave your Lonely Planet or Frommers at home. Your phone and a Triposo guide is all you need."
"Triposo works offline and even has an offline map. So no roaming charges. And it's free!"
About our guides:
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate it if you correct it on the web site of these projects.
July 27, 2014 New version 3.5.1
June 21, 2014 New version 3.3.3
May 21, 2014 New version 3.3.2
April 28, 2014 New version 3.2.4
February 26, 2014 New version 3.2.0
January 25, 2014 New version 3.1.0
November 30, -0001 Initial Release