What's New- Fixed an issue with the word "Don't" not loading correctly on devices using an iPad retina display.
Version 2.0.0 major update includes :
- New improved user interface that allows for a larger keyboard.
- All new an improved graphics.
- Added the ability to export student progress reports (accessed from the email button on the Main Menu).
- Added full support for both iPad retina display and iPhone 5.
- Added the ability to set the number of times a words must be spelled correctly in order to be mastered.
- Added the ability to view the missed words upon reaching the end of a word list.
- Added support for separate beginning /r/ sound and vowel controlled 'r' sounds.
- Improved the behavior of the backspace key to initially skip over correct letters.
- Keyboard now defaults to QWERTY (can be changed back to alphabetical in the settings menu).
- The app now prompts the user to adjust the app settings to their liking immediately upon creating a new user account.
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Please email email@example.com with your feedback or suggestions.
App Description- Placed 2nd in the 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- TheiPhoneMom Approved - 'If "tremendous" was a Dolch sight word then you would find it in Simplex Spelling HD and it would be right at home because this is a tremendous spelling app!'
- AppsforHomeschooling (earned 5/5 and a Golden App award) - "Simplex Spelling HD uses incredibly rich, educationally sound, and powerful tools to teach high frequency words."
- "Applicable2U has explored a number of spelling applications, and this is the best one yet."
- Technology in (Spl) Education - "Simplex Spelling – If you have Spelling Goals in your IEP, then this [is] the app for you."
- Kids Apps Awards (earned 5/5 and an Education Award)
- BestAppsForKids (4.5/5 editors choice) "one of the best spelling apps (maybe the best) in the app store at the moment."
- Mobile iEducator (4.5/5)
- Muslim Friendly Apps (Rated a Gold Apple)
- CrazyMikesApps (4.5/5)
- iPadAppsReviewer (4.5/5)
- The Daily App Show Featured App - “If you are looking for a great spelling app, feature packed for your iPad, Simplex Spelling HD is your app.”
- PadGadget Recommended (4/5)
- CommonSenseMedia (4/5)
- Lunchbox Reviews (5/5)
- Featured by Apple in "New & Noteworthy", "What's Hot" and "Grammar & Vocabulary"
- Editor's Pick Best10Apps
Simplex Spelling improves English spelling and reading skills in a fun and interactive way by combining a unique “reverse phonics” approach with contextually relevant spelling rules that explain why words are spelled in a particular manner. It works like a personal spelling coach with every word.
Simplex Spelling HD teaches the Dolch sight words to establish a base foundation in spelling and reading fluency.
Please check out the word lists on our website before purchasing to ensure they meet your learning requirements http://www.pyxwise.com/sswordlists.html
Rather than using flash cards, Simplex Spelling enables the student to build each word. Students gain skills above and beyond the sheer memorization of words.
Simplex Spelling is great tool to have for kids learning to spell and read, remedial students, or those learning English as a second language.
Recommended for ages 5+.
Note: You can not create your own spelling lists in Simplex Spelling HD.
- Over 260 high frequency spelling words to help build literacy.
- Words are spoken and used in a sentence to establish context.
- Introduction seamlessly leads a student through the application’s features by providing spoken information while having the student spell new words.
- Powerful phonics hint feature sounds out each word and provides a list of possible phonograms for each sound.
- A full “reverse phonics” approach that includes sounds made by all the different letter combinations.
- Contextually relevant spelling rule hints that help explain “how to spell” English words.
- Unique letter by letter feedback system that provides immediate feedback.
- Guaranteed success on every word.
- Support for multiple user accounts.
- User stats screen that allows you to see words that have been mastered and words that require further practice.
- Remembers each user’s position and progress.
- Supports both upper and lower case letters.
- Supports both alphabetic and QWERTY keyboard layouts.
- Supports both US, UK and Canadian English spelling.
- An approach that appeals to audio, visual and tactile learners.
- Does not contain 3rd party ads
- Does not share any data
- Does not contain In-App purchases
- Does not link to social media
- Contains in app links to view a safe enclosed version of the developer's website for additional information, support and teaching tips.
- Contains links to "email the developer questions" and rate the app
November 02, 2013 New version 2.2.2
April 20, 2013 New version 2.0.1
April 09, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
April 09, 2013 New version 2.0.0
April 02, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
November 30, -0001 Initial Release