148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: GOOD EFFORT :: Read Our Full Review >>
It's not the most innovative tower defense game out there, but there are some enjoyable surprises to be found.
What's New- Game Center Leader-boards
- Updated Map Graphics
- Improved HUD
- Additional Endless Map (Entrenched)
- Additional Music
- Minor Bug Fixes
Note: Due to the addition of Game Center Leader-boards we have had to do a once off reset of scores in Dark Exile due to changes in the score calculation. We apologise for this, and hope to see your new high scores on Game Center Soon!
App DescriptionDark Exile merges tower defense gameplay with unrelenting, offensive enemies. To survive you must employ a variety of specialized space stations and super powers to combat the hostiles-who will attack everything you build. Traditional strategies will not be enough to claim victory!
Sectors in the outer ring are under attack from hostiles of unknown origin. As Commander you have been deployed and told to hold the line. What foe awaits you and how will you protect humankind?
-- FEATURES --
- UNIVERSAL PURCHASE - Buy once and play on your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad!
* A gripping 11 mission campaign spanning 4 hours that encompasses a full narrative following the Commander’s role in humanities darkest hour.
* Survive as long as you can against infinite waves in endless mode to record your high scores.
Unique, offensive enemy intelligence that will avoid your defenses to stay alive, but attack anything within range.
* Wave, Time and Resource based mission objectives ensure your goals are always changing.
Space station development tree that allows basic space stations to be upgraded in 1 of 3 paths.
* XP system that levels up units in real-time!
* Three Super Powers that will disintegrate, detonate, or regenerate at a touch!
* Environmental hazards including dangerous nebulae and asteroid belts!
* Beautiful units and maps rendered in 3D.
* Four difficulty levels from ‘easy’ to ‘hard’, and for the hard core gamer try ‘insane’ difficulty!
* Tutorial level and help pages to assist newcomers to the genre.
* Five different enemies including those that cloak or unleash additional foes.
August 04, 2011 New version 1.0.2
November 30, -0001 Initial Release