What's New- Added dictionary support
- Update to address video playback issue with iOS 5
- Bug fixes
App Description"A benchmark for interactive books in any genre." - appadvice.com
The multimedia version of bestselling author Tim Flannery's newest work â€“ a magnum opus that traces the history of the planet, the history of humanity, and the impact that we have had on our planet.
Over 60 minutes of multimedia content that both support and compliment the themes raised in the book.
This is the full text of Flannery's book, along with videos, animations, custom-made infographics, and hundreds of stunning visuals that highlight the key themes raised by the book, and also extend the discussions raised within.
* 25 Interviews with author Tim Flannery on a huge variety of topics from the book
* Numerous original short films by award-winning filmmakers and animators
* Exclusive videos from luminaries in the modern environmentalism movement such as E. O. Wilson and David Blood.
* Integrated twitter feed creates a reading group inside the app â€“ engage the community of readers from inside the book itself.
* Note-taking functionality lets you highlight important passages, take notes, and even email or tweet the selected text.
* Multi-media can be turned off at any time, creating a completely non-intrusive reading experience.
* AirPlay support for videos lets you stream audio directly to your speakers.
* Navigation is straight-forward and intuitive â€“ effortlessly browse through dozens of topics.
* Over 95% of the media is embedded inside the app â€“ you don't need an active internet connection to experience the full effect.
October 22, 2011 New version 1.1
April 13, 2011 Initial Release