148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: BLOGGER'S BUDDY :: Read Our Full Review >>
Blogsy is intuitive feature packed mobile blogging for iPad
What's NewIn the update the following can be found.
1. Compatibility with the latest iDevice operating system - We made the required changes and adjustments so Blogsy will work and look correct if you update to the latest version of the Apple operating system. In this version Blogsy will auto-detect what you are running and load accordingly. Because of the drastic changes in the latest operating system this auto-detection will be dropped in a future version of Blogsy.
2. In WordPress 3.6 WordPress changed the way they handle photos. Instead of using the full URL in the embed code they use relative URLs. Because of this if you loaded a previously published post from your blog to edit in Blogsy then the images would not appear. We have compensated for this and now the images will appear.
3. Now even if there are no local drafts the button to start a new post will be present.
App Description*** NOW WITH MARKDOWN SUPPORT, HTML KEYBOARD, VERSIONS, AND MORE.
*** App of the Day on Gizmodo.com - http://gizmo.do/lmpDwi
- "Basically, it's the best blogging tool you'll find on the iPad."
Check out the Blogsy demo video on our website: http://blogsyapp.com/how-to
Blogsy is a tool designed specifically to take full advantage of the iPad’s unique touch functionality. Adding your photos and videos is as easy as dragging them from the media sidebar and dropping them into your blog post. This makes writing blog posts as easy as it should be, saving you from the hassle of jumping from app to app to manually copy/paste embed codes or links. Simply put, we think that Blogsy makes writing so easy that you will use it instead of your computer.
- "Basically, it's the best blogging tool you'll find on the iPad." Gizmodo
- "If you blog with any regularity, I recommend spending $5 for Blogsy..." CNET
- "If you’re a blogger with an iPad, then I would highly recommend picking up Blogsy. It finally makes your iPad a worthy blogging tool." AppAdvice
- "Blogsy finally brings quality blogging to the iPad — a device that was desperately waiting for an app like this to change the way bloggers can get things done without giving up on rich content editing, and media." Macstories
- "Blogsy has lots of features and to be honest, I can say that it is the best wordpress and blogger app you will find in the App Store." MWD
- Easily drag and drop images from Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Instagram and Google Image Search, or using the built-in Web browser (yes, easily drag and drop images from most websites!) Drag and drop videos from YouTube and Vimeo. (Either using the new iFrame or the old flash embed method with colors, borders and related videos.)
- Found a good article? Drag and drop it’s URL to instantly create a hyperlink in your blog post.. No coding required!
- Style your blog posts with the tap of a button - bold, italics, text alignment and more.
- Full support for multiple blogs and multiple photo and video accounts.
- Easily change image and video properties and alignment through menus.
- Write and edit HTML. Though using Blogsy’s 'Rich Side', you’ll probably never want to; everything from bolding text to creating links to image alignment can be done with the tap of a finger.
- Set or create lables/tags and categories, toggle comments on and off, and set visibility.
- Create scheduled posts, online drafts, and pending-review posts.
- Support for local drafts.
- Edit or delete online posts or pages.
- Upload images from your iPad photo library to any blog media library, Picasa, Flickr or Facebook.
- Markdown Support
*** Check out our how-to videos here - www.blogsyapp.com/how-to
Platform Support: Details about each platform can be found at www.blogsyapp.com/platforms
WordPress - WordPress.com as-well as self-hosted WordPress accounts
Joomla (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5)
Squarespace (Version 5 only)
MetaWeblog (Generic Setup)
Email - Create Rich emails with images, videos, links and WYSIWYG text formatting.
Textexpander support. (HTML side only)
*** You must have, or create, your blog on the internet prior to using Blogsy.
November 28, 2013 New version 4.2.7
November 21, 2013 New version 4.2.6
September 26, 2013 New version 4.2.5
September 10, 2013 New version 4.2.4
May 24, 2013 New version 4.2.3
May 14, 2013 New version 4.2.2
April 07, 2011 Initial Release