What's NewAdded the following single games to the in-app shop:
- Laser Squad (free!)
- Lords Of Chaos (free!)
- The Lords Of Midnight
Added a new game pack to the in-app:
Odin Computer Graphics Anthology:
- The Arc Of Yesod (both 48K and 128K versions)
- Nodes Of Yesod (both 48K and 128K versions)
- The Plot
- Robin Of The Wood (both 48K and 128K versions)
App DescriptionIn April 1982, Sir Clive Sinclair launched what was to become one of the most popular home computers ever made - the Sinclair ZX Spectrum.
Spectaculator takes you back to the 1980s - to the golden era of 8-bit gaming!
Play the following 22 officially licensed classic ZX Spectrum games:
- 3D Starstrike by Realtime Games Software
- Auf Wiedersehen Monty by Gremlin Graphics
- Avenger by Gremlin Graphics
- Bounder by Gremlin Graphics
- Cyclone by Vortex Software
- Dark Star by Design Design
- Dynamite Dan by Rod Bowkett/Mirrorsoft
- Forbidden Planet by Design Design
- Halls of the Things by Design Design
- Highway Encounter by Vortex Software
- Jack The Nipper by Gremlin Graphics
- Krackout by Gremlin Graphics
- Jekyll & Hyde by Zenobi Software
- Metabolis by Gremlin Graphics
- Monty On The Run by Gremlin Graphics
- On The Run by Design Design
- Revolution by Vortex Software
- Tau Ceti by Pete Cooke/CRL
- The Way Of The Tiger by Gremlin Graphics
- Albatrossity by Jonathan Cauldwell
- Battery's Not Precluded by Jonathan Cauldwell
- The Fantastic Mister Fruity by Jonathan Cauldwell
... with more available from the in-app shop.
Spectaculator gives you the most authentic ZX Spectrum experience available on your iPhone, iPod and iPad, and comes with lots of additional features:
• Universal App - runs on iPhone, iPod and iPad.
• Supports iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th generation screen.
• Play in portrait or landscape orientations
• Save your game progress (four saved game slots + one iCloud saved game slot per game).
• Save your progress to iCloud from one device (e.g. iPod) and load to continue playing on another (e.g. iPad).
• Enter pokes (cheats) for infinite lives, shields etc.
• Lookup game hints, tips and maps
• Play in black and white with TV screen simulation for the ultimate 1980s experience!
• Battle to the top of the (Game Center) leaderboards!
• Type on a virtual ZX Spectrum keyboard
• Use an external Bluetooth keyboard for playing adventure games
• Choose authentic cassette loading or fast play
• Program in Sinclair BASIC
• Enjoy high resolution graphics on Retina screens
• Play using an external arcade controller (iCade or iControlPad)
Additional Game Packs
The following games packs are available from the in-app shop:
Design Design Games Pack
- 5 Games. Includes Halls of the Things, Dark Star, Forbidden Planet
Gremlin Graphics Vol. 1
- 6 games. Includes Wanted! Monty Mole, Skate Crazy, Thing Bounces Back
Gremlin Graphics Vol. 2
- 6 games. Includes Jack The Nipper II: In Coconut Capers, North Star, Grumpy Gumphrey, Supersleuth
Gremlin Graphics Vol. 3
- 6 games. Includes Switchblade, Trailblazer, Super Scramble Simulator, Percy The Potty Pigeon
[NEW!] Odin Computer Graphics Anthology
- 9 games. Includes Nodes Of Yesod, Robin Of The Wood, Heartland
Realtime Games Pack
- Starstrike II
- 3D Tank Duel
Stephen Crow Anthology (Free!)
©1983-2013 Stephen Crow. All rights reserved.
- 5 games. Includes Firelord, Starquake, Wizard's Lair
- 6 games. Includes Alien Highway, Deflektor, T.L.L. (Tornado Low Level)
Zenobi Adventure Pack Vol. 1
- 6 games. Includes Aura-Scope, The Gods of War, Leopold The Minstrel
Zenobi Adventure Pack Vol. 2
- 6 games. Includes The Khangrin Plans, The Krazy Kartoonist Kaper, A Murder Mystery Weekend
Zenobi Adventures Vol. 3
- 5 games. Includes The Apprentice, The Bardic Rite, Jester Quest, Knight Life, Mutiny!
The following single games are available from the in-app shop:
- Carrier Command
- Dynamite Dan II
- Frank N. Stein
- [NEW!] Laser Squad
- [NEW!] Lords Of Chaos
- [NEW!] The Lords Of Midnight
March 28, 2014 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
December 15, 2013 Price Decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
December 15, 2013 New version 5.3.0
October 08, 2013 New version 5.2.2
July 28, 2013 New version 5.2.1
May 03, 2011 Initial Release