- Minor bugs fixed
The amazing colors of humankind’s last treasures. A message of peace, tolerance and respect for the people threatened by globalization.
This masterpiece by Jaime Ocampo Rangel is a rainbow of 1,300 photos of 40 unique cultures, created over 12 years, in 18 countries (from Algeria to Yemen) and across 5 continents. It is a pause in time and space to preserve the beauty of these disappearing cultures, before it is too late.
Look into these eyes and see … the reflection of your own humanity. Here are the other “ourselves”.
This application requires an Internet connection (wifi or 3G) and is currently only available in English.
Explore the last treasures of humankind with:
• More than 1,300 spectacular high-resolution portraits
• Wallpapers - all photos are in portrait mode, perfect for the iPhone.
• Instant Slideshows - transform your iPad or iPhone into an endless, beautiful photo frame.
• Easy Navigation - with Smart Tags, Suggestions, Search and Interactive Maps.
• Rich Descriptions - learn more by clicking to text descriptions.
• Shuffle - shake your device to discover new images at random.
Perfect for photography enthusiasts, lovers of the earth, children, educators or anyone who values and appreciates the diversity and stunning beauty of human cultures.
About the author: Jaime Ocampo-Rangel was born in Colombia, grew up in Colombia and Miami and studied in La Salle (Spain) and New York City. In 1999, Jaime discovered the Kogui people in Colombia. This encounter was a personal, esthetic and spiritual revelation for him and the starting point for this project. Jaime lives in Paris, in Picasso's first artist studio in Montmartre.
“Memory of Colors” was first exhibited at the UNESCO’s headquarters in 2010.
“Memory of Colors” features people from the following countries or regions: Algeria, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ethiopia, France, French Guyana, India, Japan Jordan, Philippines, Panama, Namibia, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Siberia, Thailand, Yemen.
And the following cultures and ethnicities: Bedouin, Bena, Bigouden, Bororo Boe, Daasanach, Dong, Miao, Ebewene, Embera, Evens, Geisha, Guambianos, Hamer, Handu, Himba, Huli, Karaja, Karen Kayo, Karo, Kayapo, Kayen Lahwi, Koguis, Kuna, Lahu, Lisu, Mayoyao, Mendima, Mursi, Nawe, Sadhu, Secoya, Skeleton, Tembe, Terena, Tuareg, Wayana, Wounaan, Xavante, Xikrin, Yao and Yemenite.
From the creators of Fotopedia Heritage, one of the top 50 apps of all times as recognized in Apple’s Hall of Fame.
Let’s be friends: www.facebook.com/fotopedia
Follow us on Twitter: @fotopedia
- June 21, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- June 21, 2011 New version 1.8
- May 23, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- April 21, 2011 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- April 13, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- April 13, 2011 New version 1.1
- March 18, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- March 08, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- March 07, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- February 22, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.8
- July 02, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 24, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- January 11, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- February 11, 2014 New version 2.0
- July 23, 2014 New version 2.0.1