IntelliVocab (formerly PowerVocab) personalizes the English vocabulary learning for competitive exams and personal improvement. This app is built by students of MIT based on the latest research in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Web Semantics.
It uses latest machine learning algorithms and web semantic techniques to collapse billions of possibilities into comprehensible probabilistic profile information, in real-time. It completely controls the learning environment, so that you do not have to plan your learning approach. All you need to do is interact. The more you practice, the more it learns about you and figures out words that are difficult for you. It ensures you achieve the top scores in competitive exams like GMAT, SAT, GRE or in your professional work.
— 290+ words ( common words from competitive exams ) in the lite version
— Intelligent algorithm to customize the learning experience.
— Key aspect of the app is the practice session.
— Words in practice session are customized based on your expertise level, and your comfort level with the words.
— Two parameters are used to profile users. “Expert Level” of the user and “Commitment level” of the user. ExpertLevel: determined based on the interactions with the words. CommitmentLevel: determined based on the interactions with the iPhone App/AI engine
- September 07, 2011 New version 1.7
- September 29, 2011 New version 1.8
- October 11, 2011 New version 1.9
- April 14, 2012 New version 2.0
- May 25, 2012 New version 2.01
- December 06, 2013 New version 2.2
- January 14, 2014 New version 2.3
- August 28, 2014 New version 2.7
- October 02, 2014 New version 2.8
- October 23, 2014 New version 2.9
- December 05, 2014 New version 2.10
- December 16, 2014 New version 2.10.1
- January 29, 2015 New version 3.0
- June 25, 2015 New version 3.1