148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: REALLY SWIFT SERVICE :: Read Our Full Review >>
Given up on RSS readers on the iPad? You won't once you give Mr. Reader a go.
What's New• Instapaper mobilizer fix: garbage at top
• Send to Pocket problem fixed. e.g. for articles of the http://www.economist.com feeds
• Search: The text color of the search bar was always black and hard to read on dark themes
• YOURLS added as an additional URL shortener: http://yourls.org
• Article View: Display of source code improved
• Article View: Tap and hold gestures on my video preview images are now handled like links to the video (YouTube, Vimeo, IndaVideo)
• New articles table option to display a placeholder when no thumbnail exists (the thumbnails must be located on the left side)
• New articles table option to enable or disable the display of favicons
• New Feed Wrangler account option to enable/disable the optimized 'Mark All As Read' API calls
• Templates: Use the tag [>|<] to set the cursor at your preferred location when the sharing dialog is displayed. It is implemented for the following services: App.net, Buffer, StockTwits and Twitter
• Springpad will be shutting down on June 25th, 2014. Removed the bookmarklet and the mail template.
If you like Mr. Reader, please rate it in the App Store every time an update comes out. That helps me a lot, thank you very much!
App DescriptionMr. Reader is a RSS News Reader for your iPad that synchronizes with your Feedly, BazQux Reader, Feedbin, FeedHQ, Feed Wrangler, Fever, InoReader, Aol Reader, Feedja and SubReader account.
• Multiple accounts with separate settings
• Supports starred and tagged items (*)
• Mark items as read (single, all, older than n-days/weeks, above/below the current position)
• Mark as read while scrolling
• Search and add new feeds (*)
• Folder management (create, rename, delete) (*)
• Feed management (rename, delete, assign to folders) (*)
• Tag management (create, rename, delete, assign tags to feed items) (*)
• Reorder your folders, feeds and tags (*)
• Toggle to show only folders and feeds with unread items
• List items chronological or grouped by feeds
• Search for articles with the option to save searches
• Load more articles on request (*)
• Reading; Switch between RSS, Web, Instapaper Mobilizer, Readability Mobilizer, Pocket Mobilizer
• Customizable articles table: thumbnail size, thumbnails left/right, row height, font size, multiline titles
• Reading; Thumbpad to navigate between articles and to close the article viewer
• Automatic background synchronization (disabled by default)
• Image caching for offline reading (this applies only to the RSS view)
• 4 themes are included; additional themes can be installed from the website
• Web based theme editor, you will see every change immediately in Mr. Reader. Be creative!
• VoiceOver: To make Mr. Reader accessible for blind or nearly blind people. Suggestions are always welcome.
and some more!
(*) depends on the used service
• Open with Safari and every browser app that can be opened by a URL scheme.
• Included: Apollo Browser, Atomic Web, Coast by Opera, Dolphin Browser, Google Chrome, Grazing, iCab Mobile, Maven Web Browser+, Mercury, Opera Mini, Sleipnir
• Add to Safari Reading List
• Post to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, App.net, StockTwits
• Add to Buffer
• Save to Delicious, Diigo, Kippt, Pinboard
• Send to Instapaper, Pocket, Readability
• Send articles to your Kindle by using Tinderizer or SENDtoREADER
• Create note in Evernote, Toodledo, Microsoft OneNote
• Post to Tumblr
• Collect YouTube and Vimeo videos by using ToWatchList
• Open article in your Mac browser by using "Send2Mac" (I love it!)
• Open articles in "any" browser by using the SendTab service
• Generic solution to open other apps by using their URL scheme
• Included: Articles, Blogsy, Drafts, HootSuite, OmniFocus, Papers, Poster, Search Google, Search Wikipedia, Terminology, Things
• Browser bookmarklets can be added and used in the web view
• Print article
• Send link by 'Message' (text message)
• Send article by mail
• Send link by mail
• Copy link
• Copy short URL to clipboard
• URL shortener: goo.gl, TinyURL, is.gd, bitly, CloudApp, YOURLS, custom
• Ability to share via AirDrop on devices that support AirDrop
If you have any features requests, problems or questions, please contact me by mail (email@example.com). I'm unable to respond to feedback posted in the App Store. Thank you!
June 22, 2014 New version 3.1.1
December 12, 2013 New version 3.0
September 03, 2013 New version 2.1
March 13, 2013 New version 1.11.2
February 05, 2013 New version 1.11.1
January 18, 2013 New version 1.11
April 01, 2011 Initial Release