148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: REALLY SWIFT SERVICE :: Read Our Full Review >>
Given up on RSS readers on the iPad? You won't once you give Mr. Reader a go.
What's New[NEW FEATURES]
• InoReader and SubReader as additional RSS sync services added
• The Google Reader login with editable API endpoint can be enabled by a URL scheme. Please contact me in case you are developing a service with a Google Reader compatible API and want to test it against Mr. Reader.
• Added the video (YouTube and Vimeo) collecting service ToWatchList
• Theme management extended: There is a new settings group to enable/disable and to reorder themes.
• Fever: Auth cookie name is editable. Necessary when you have problems marking articles as read.
• Pinboard: New option to send without showing the dialog first
• Tumblr: New option to post in Markdown
• Feedly: Using a new API method to rename tags
• Articles table sorting improved. Especially when sort by 'Oldest First' is used.
• Overall error handling improved
• Possible crash fixed while adding new sync service accounts
• The Fever server URL is editable again :-(
• Feedly: Added a workaround for subscriptions without a title (usually created by ReadKit)
If you like Mr. Reader, please rate it in the App Store every time an update comes out. That helps me a lot, thank you very much!
App DescriptionMr. Reader is a RSS News Reader for your iPad that synchronizes with your Feedly, BazQux Reader, Feedbin, FeedHQ, Feed Wrangler, Fever, InoReader and SubReader account.
Attention: Google powered down Reader on July 1st, 2013. You will find more infos on my support page.
• Multiple accounts with separate settings
• Supports starred and tagged items (*)
• Mark items as read (single, all, older than n-days/weeks, above/below the current position)
• Mark as read while scrolling
• Search and add new feeds
• Folder management (create, rename, delete) (*)
• Feed management (rename, delete, assign to folders) (*)
• Tag management (create, rename, delete, assign tags to feed items) (*)
• Reorder your folders, feeds and tags (*)
• Toggle to show only folders and feeds with unread items
• List items chronological or grouped by feeds
• Search for articles with the option to save searches
• Load more articles on request (*)
• Reading; Switch between RSS, Web, Instapaper Mobilizer, Readability Mobilizer, Pocket Mobilizer
• Customizable articles table: thumbnail size, thumbnails left/right, row height, font size, multiline titles
• Reading; Thumbpad to navigate between articles and to close the article viewer
• Image caching for offline reading (currently this applies only to the RSS view)
• 4 themes are included; additional themes can be installed from the website
• web based theme editor, you will see every change immediately in Mr. Reader. Be creative!
• VoiceOver: To make Mr. Reader accessible for blind or nearly blind people. Suggestions are always welcome.
and some more!
(*) depends on the used service
• Open with Safari and every Browser App that can be opened by a URL scheme.
• Included: Apollo Browser, Atomic Web, Dolphin Browser, Google Chrome, Grazing, iCab Mobile, Maven Web Browser+, Mercury, Opera Mini, Sleipnir
• Post to Twitter (multiple accounts supported), Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, App.net (ADN; multiple accounts supported), StockTwits
• Add to Buffer (supporting the Pro accounts)
• Save to Delicious, Diigo, Kippt, Pinboard, Zootool
• Send to Instapaper, Pocket, Readability
• Send articles to your Kindle by using Tinderizer or SENDtoREADER
• Create task/note in OmniFocus, Things, Toodledo, Evernote
• Post to Tumblr
• Collect YouTube and Vimeo videos by using ToWatchList
• Open article in your Mac browser by using "Send2Mac" (i love it!)
• Open articles in "any" browser by using the SendTab service
• Generic solution to open other Apps by using their URL scheme.
• Included: Articles, Blogsy, Drafts, HootSuite, OmniFocus, Papers, Poster, Search Google, Search Wikipedia, Terminology, Things
• Browser Bookmarklets can be added and used in the web view
• Print article
• Send link by 'Message' (text message)
• Send article by mail
• Send link by mail
• Copy link
• Copy short URL to clipboard
• URL shortener: goo.gl, TinyURL, is.gd, bitly, CloudApp, custom
If you have any features requests, problems or questions, please contact me by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). I'm unable to respond to feedback posted in the App Store. Thank you!
September 03, 2013 New version 2.1
March 13, 2013 New version 1.11.2
February 05, 2013 New version 1.11.1
January 18, 2013 New version 1.11
October 11, 2012 New version 1.10.2
September 20, 2012 New version 1.10.1
April 01, 2011 Initial Release