- Reworked threading when handling iOS7 background update - was causing thread contention if it was in the process of handling a background update when the user selected to bring PocketWeather to the foreground - often resulting in an apparent UI freeze and iOS7 deciding to 'eject' it.
- Fixed bug where if 1st location is disabled AND only 1 location is enabled, the main 'View' remains blank.
- Fix to Foreca forecast weather template
- Update to Portuguese translations (thanks Julio)
- Update to UK Met Office Weather Alert template
- Extended timeout when accessing PocketWeather Social Posting Leader Board
Please note that PocketWeather is no longer being maintained. We recommend that you use one of the many other weather applications such as Weather Underground.
Get worldwide weather reports directly to your iOS device anytime anywhere! PocketWeather is the most powerful multi-sourced weather tracking solution, featuring a robust and flexible weather engine wrapped with a stylish, uncomplicated user interface powered by a user-customisable display engine with high quality artwork.
If you wish to try PocketWeather Pro before buying, please install our free 'PocketWeather - #1 Weather App' - this App is identical to 'PocketWeather Pro' except for advertising.
WHAT MAKES POCKETWEATHER BETTER THAN OTHER WEATHER APPS?
PocketWeather's graphics have been exclusively created by @juniskins: stylish, colorful, uncomplicated - integrating complete weather information that unfolds down into extensive information resources contained with PocketWeather.
PocketWeather is the only App to parse data directly from METAR stations which provide highly detailed and accurate current conditions and detailed short term forecasts to airline pilots all over the world. PocketWeather is used by commercial airline pilots to help keep track of the weather.
In addition to providing just about every weather related piece of information possible from multiple sources, PocketWeather is the only App that also integrates World Wide Earthquake tracking, Lightning Stopwatch, optimised links to Global and Local Severe Weather Centers, user customisable views, user customisable weather sources, and much much more.
POCKETWEATHER FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS
- Fours Main Views
1 - 'Views' - Overview, Forecasts, Sun and Moon, and many many sub-views
2 - 'Forecasts' - Table view of Overview, Details and Hourly Forecasts
3 - 'Graphs' - Weekly, Hourly, and Historical
4 - 'Maps' - Local, Regional, National and World Weather Maps, METAR Weather Stations, and Recent Earthquake events. Add your own Weather Maps or Webcams.
- Support for Crowd Sourced Weather - witness a weather event? PocketWeather helps you share your observations with others via Twitter or FaceBook. See what others have witnessed near you or around the world on the Map.
- Lightning Stopwatch - Built-in Lightning Stopwatch to measure the time between the Lightning Strike and Thunder. Dynamically calculated Speed Of Sound gives accurate distance measurements, with results overlaid onto local map to show exactly where the strike occurred and linking directly to Google's Street View if available for the specific location.
- Built-in 'Views' link to many sub-views giving you access to a vast global resource of weather, environmental and other informative websites.
- 'Views' are all user-selectable and customisable. Choose from a number of different themes from the SBSH PocketWeather Resource Center, or create your own.
- Not happy with the weather source? Change it! PocketWeather features a powerful weather parsing engine which allows you to extract any weather related information from pretty much any website using CustomTemplate scripts. Either select from one of the many existing CustomTemplate scripts, or create your own.
- Prefer your own weather map or webcam image? Just add it.
- Planning a vacation later in the year and want to know what the weather will be like? Historical Graphs provide you all the information you need.
- Cellular Data Updates - no unexpected cellular data bills - control what gets updated when updating via Cellular. Completely disable all updates via Cellular, or only allow certain types of data, and how often. You are in control.
- September 30, 2011 New version 3.1.0
- November 16, 2011 New version 3.2.0
- December 19, 2011 New version 3.3.0
- January 25, 2012 New version 3.4.0
- March 06, 2012 New version 3.5.0
- August 27, 2012 New version 4.0.0
- September 11, 2012 New version 4.1.0
- October 24, 2012 New version 4.2.0
- November 20, 2012 New version 4.3.0
- February 10, 2013 New version 5.0.0
- March 09, 2013 New version 5.1.0
- June 06, 2013 New version 6.0.0
- October 06, 2013 New version 7.0.0
- October 06, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- October 11, 2013 New version 7.1.0
- November 07, 2013 New version 7.2.0
- December 04, 2013 New version 7.3.0
- January 17, 2014 New version 7.3.1
- February 15, 2014 New version 7.3.2
- April 18, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99