October 2015 monthly update
The FDA removes pregnancy letter categories A,B,C,D and X
As of June 30, 2015, the categories used to classify the risks of using prescription drugs during pregnancy no longer appear in the American product monographs. In fact, manufacturers must now provide more detailed information in this section of their monographs. The FDA categories have therefore been removed from our monographs.
Given the tremendous interest generated by the use of medical marijuana and to address the needs of some of our users, an information sheet on medical marijuana has been added. The document, which was developed by our team, is intended for health care professionals and is not exhaustive. It should be used as a complement to other reliable sources of information. It should also be noted that marijuana is not an approved substance in Canada, but that the courts have ruled that individuals are required to have reasonable access to a legal source of marijuana for medical purposes.
Rx Vigilance - a reference tool for health care professionals that features information on drugs and health - can now be accessed from anywhere.
Access to the all application features is included for a period of one year. At the end of the year, part of the application is turned off (access to the drug monographs and profile analysis function). The travel information, natural products section and the phonebook section remains active forever. It can be renewed year after year through In-App Purchase.
After installation, THE APPLICATION RESIDES ENTIRELY ON THE DEVICE and does not require an Internet connection for regular use. Internet access is required for updates.
Already used by thousands of physicians, pharmacists, nurses and other health care professionals across Canada, Rx Vigilance provides you with relevant and up to date information from several dozen leading reference sources. Drug monographs, pharmacological profile analysis, and information on natural products and travel destinations are among some of the many features you can now access through your device.
Our team of health care professionals is well aware of your day to day information needs. As a result, they are equipped to select what is most useful and relevant for you and your practice and to integrate that information to Rx Vigilance. In short, you will be able to access what you need quickly and effectively.
The Rx Vigilance App includes access to:
**COMPARATIVE CHARTS** (NEW)
In the application users will find a series of charts comparing the characteristics of products from the same pharmacological class in order to help them make the best therapeutic decision based on onset of action or the number of administrations a day, for example.
Professional information on more than 1200 drugs. You can find information on: adverse reactions, official and unofficial indications, adult dosages, paediatric dosages, geriatric dosages, adjustments for renal and hepatic impairment, precautions in pregnancy/breastfeeding, special precautions (grapefruit, stability, food, etc.), contraindications, interactions and kinetics. Monographs are regularly updated with information deemed relevant by our team of professionals.
This feature allows to search for over 200 destinations. It provides access to brief and relevant overview of the destination (currency, languages, population, capital), required and/or recommended immunizations by country, recommendations based on diseases found in each country and contact details for service centres that may be of use while traveling.
Information on more than 60 of the most commonly used natural products. It includes product indications (classified by evidence of effectiveness), product description and discussion on product safety and efficacy.
Profile analysis allows to identify interactions and provides a description of the interactions as well as recommendations. Interactions are classified by importance of actions to be taken by the professional.
Monthly communiqué for subscribers with details on the most recent updates and new developments and a list of monographs to which changes have been made. It is possible to refer to bulletins from prior months and send questions or comments via e-mail to the Rx Vigilance team.
A phone directory that consists of over 6000 useful contacts such as: hospitals, CLSCs, support groups and self-help groups, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, etc. It allows users to dial phone numbers directly from their iPhone and to acces links to internet sites when available.
- August 06, 2011 New version 1.0.32
- September 07, 2011 New version 1.0.34
- October 12, 2011 New version 1.0.36
- November 16, 2011 New version 1.0.40
- December 11, 2011 New version 1.0.48
- January 18, 2012 New version 1.0.50
- February 04, 2012 New version 1.0.53
- March 08, 2012 New version 1.0.56
- April 14, 2012 New version 1.0.58
- May 13, 2012 New version 1.0.59
- June 20, 2012 New version 1.0.60
- July 17, 2012 New version 1.0.61
- August 28, 2012 New version 1.0.66
- September 29, 2012 New version 1.0.68
- October 31, 2012 New version 1.0.73
- November 30, 2012 New version 1.0.79
- December 29, 2012 New version 1.0.83
- January 22, 2013 New version 1.0.84
- February 22, 2013 New version 1.0.85
- May 17, 2013 New version 1.1.3
- June 06, 2013 New version 1.1.6
- June 15, 2013 New version 1.2.0
- July 31, 2013 New version 1.2.9
- September 04, 2013 New version 1.2.10
- October 11, 2013 New version 1.2.14
- November 26, 2013 New version 1.2.24
- December 19, 2013 New version 1.2.28
- January 30, 2014 New version 1.2.32
- February 07, 2014 New version 1.2.33
- March 17, 2014 New version 1.2.35
- April 08, 2014 New version 1.2.37
- May 03, 2014 New version 1.2.38
- June 24, 2014 New version 1.2.39
- July 22, 2014 New version 1.2.40
- July 26, 2014 New version 1.2.41
- September 05, 2014 New version 1.2.42
- October 10, 2014 New version 1.2.44
- November 13, 2014 New version 1.2.46
- December 01, 2014 New version 1.2.47
- January 25, 2015 New version 1.2.48
- March 03, 2015 New version 1.2.55
- April 14, 2015 New version 1.2.56
- May 14, 2015 New version 1.2.57
- June 07, 2015 New version 1.59
- June 27, 2015 New version 1.2.60
- August 07, 2015 New version 1.2.62
- September 01, 2015 New version 1.2.63
- October 06, 2015 New version 1.2.64