- Brand New Graphic, Flat Design
- New User Interface
- New Icon
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ optimized
- iOS 8 optimization
- Stability and speed have been improved
- Bug Fixes
Keep mosquitoes away! This app plays an ultrasound (that can't be heard by the human ear) that simulates the sexual recall of the male mosquito, causing repulsion to the already fertilized female mosquitoes, the only which are able to bite.
▪ Audio Background: the ultrasound keeps playing even when you close the application. You can keep using your iPhone without losing mosquitoes repellent effectiveness.
▪ Widget: to know at a glance if you are in safe area.
▪ Social Reports: the power of the community allied against mosquitoes! You can report the presence of mosquitoes in your location and view on a map the users feedbacks. A special red light lights up when mosquitoes have been reported in your area. Because sometimes the best defense is avoiding the attack!
▪ Amazing animations and Flat Design graphic!
▪ Green and Non-toxic! Keep mosquitoes away naturally, without breathing toxic gas and without environment pollution.
▪ Free! Thanks to the ads support!
Turn up the volume to the highest level for a more effective sound. It can be done even inside the application itself!
For issues, questions or requests, please write to our team at [email protected] or by the support page http://www.nettn.com/english/support.php
Q.: Why i'm hearing an hiss? / Why I don't hear nothing?
A.: The app plays an high frequency sound. Some people under 30 years old can hear the sound, while over a certain age (variable from person to person) the ear lose the ability to hear high frequency sounds.
Q.: Mosquitoes don't have ears, how do they hear sounds??
A.: Insects don't have ears, but on feelers, the mosquitoes aural organs, there are about 15.000 sensorial receptors, structured so to create an "active ear" in which natural vibrations are generated so to amplify the incoming sounds. [Source: Le Scienze on-line]
Q.: Are you telling me that the iPhone loudspeaker can play ultrasounds?
A.: Actually the frequency used in NoMoreMosquitoes is slightly under the ultrasounds threshold frequency. But it's very close to the limit that can be heard by the human ear (20 kHz), so for the sake of simplicity we called it "ultrasound", because a lot of people can't hear it.
Q.: Does this app really works as mosquitoes repellent?
A.: Our application is based on the same principle used by several electronic devices sold throughout the world.
As above indicated the assumption on which the app is based is scientific even if there are conflicting opinions on the effectiveness, something that can be easily demonstrated by published articles about it and by the many various users comments.
We do not want to argue that the ultrasounds certainly work as a repellent, just there is not even certain proof of the opposite.
- December 06, 2014 New version 3.0.0
- July 24, 2013 New version 2.2.0
- October 12, 2012 New version 2.1.0
- August 10, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- July 19, 2012 New version 2.0.0
- October 19, 2011 New version 1.2.1
- July 13, 2011 New version 1.2.0
- June 24, 2011 New version 1.1.0