Introducing three mini expansions for your Carcassonne playing pleasure.
Fixed in 4.28:
• Improved stability.
• Added explanation for combining Inns and German Cathedrals to the manual.
Fixed in 4.26:
• Using a new technology to make local network games work again.
Fixed in 4.25:
• Scores from German Cathedrals were sometimes displayed multiple times.
Fixed in 4.23:
• Fixed a crash when chatting
• Abbot recall now works immediately (before dragon move)
• Stability improvements
Fixed in 4.22:
• Solitaire works again.
• Various scoring fixes.
Fixed in 4.21:
• Old achievements are no longer shown when starting the app.
• The Abbot could not be recalled when a player had no meeple left.
New in 4.20:
The Abbot is a new game piece you place on Cloisters or Gardens (a new tile feature that will magically appear on some existing tiles). You can recall the Abbot at any time during the game, scoring points without needing to finish the Cloister or Garden first.
• The Old River
This was the very first expansion evver to be published for Carcassonne. Introduced at the SPIEL 2001 toy fair in Germany, it remains a true collector's item.
• German Cathedrals
The newest mini expansion comprising six famous German cathedrals. So new it's not even available in print until mid October.
You can place a meeple on a German cathedral to score points. Roads connected to a German cathedral score bonus points.
Famous boardgame and great iOS experience, with expansions as in-app purchases.
"iPhone Game of the Year", iTunes Rewind Germany.
"The single best board game experience in the App Store", gamezebo
"Carcassonne does just about everything right on the iPhone", ars technica
"It is quite simply one of the most polished games on the platform", wired.com
"There's nothing like a sneaky farmer to push you across the winning line", Edge Magazine
"Beautiful and intuitive", joystiq
"Carcassonne is as good as it gets", EGM
"Of all the tabletop games I have played on my iPad while pooping, nothing has as much time invested in it as Carcassonne", Wil Wheaton
Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline.
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Universal App - Buy once, play on iPad and iPhone
• Expansions available via In-App-Purchase
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns and Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• "Princess & Dragon" with dragon, princess, fairy and magic portals.
• "Phantom" adds the phantom, a game piece you can place in addition to other followers.
• "Winter" with a new theme, tiles, and the Gingerbread Man.
• "Double Base Tile Set" adds the possibility to play with twice the amount of base game (or winter) cards.
• "The Old River" - the first expansion ever for the board game
• "The Abbot" adds gardens and lets you score cloisters before the end of the game
• "German Cathedrals" - place a meeple on a German cathedral to score points. Roads connected to a German cathedral score bonus points.
• Easy mode that does not count Fields, ideal for Kids
• 9 different AI players: (Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock)
• Play with up to five players passing one device around
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Internet multiplayer with Push Notifications
• Online and offline ranking
• Game Center Achievements
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Tutorials with voice acting
• Compete for the best score in Solitaire Game of the Week
• Chat function
• Play with Game Center friends
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• How do I redownload my Expansions?
You can restore your purchases free of charge in the app's purchases menu. (The treasure chest in the main menu.)
• Help! I’m trapped in a menu screen!
Try opening http://carcassonneapp.com/cleanup.html in your iPad’s or iPhone’s Safari.
• What about more Expansions?
We are continuing to work on further expansions. Please don't hesitate to tell us which one you'd like to see next!
• Can I play asynchronously?
Yes. In "Play with Friends" you can leave the app and will be notified when it's your turn again. No pressure though, unlike "Quick Play" there are no time limits.
• Can I play against my familiy or friends by passing the device around?
Yes, of course. Up to five players can play on the same device.
• Do I need to buy the expansions to participate in a game with expansions?
To play online multiplayer, you need to buy the expansion to play with it.
• Can I play with expansions in quick play?
Yes. However currently we limit the combinations of the expansions in quick play to avoid fragmentation of the player base and longer waiting times for games. We try to give three or four useful combinations for quick play. There is also the "Automatic" category that tries to match you up with anyone who wants to play right now.
- June 09, 2011 New version 2.30
- May 24, 2011 New version 2.22
- May 19, 2011 New version 2.21
- December 21, 2010 New version 2.1
- December 10, 2010 New version 2.0
- December 07, 2010 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- October 17, 2010 New version 1.35
- October 11, 2010 New version 1.3
- August 09, 2010 New version 1.2
- June 24, 2010 New version 1.1
- December 16, 2011 New version 2.40
- December 17, 2011 New version 2.41
- January 29, 2012 New version 2.42
- January 31, 2012 New version 2.43
- February 03, 2012 New version 2.44
- April 05, 2012 New version 2.50
- May 02, 2012 New version 2.51
- October 23, 2012 New version 2.60
- December 19, 2012 New version 3.00
- January 25, 2013 New version 3.01
- July 05, 2013 New version 3.11
- September 18, 2013 New version 3.20
- September 30, 2013 New version 3.21
- December 04, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- December 17, 2013 New version 3.30
- December 18, 2013 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- December 20, 2013 New version 3.31
- January 21, 2014 New version 3.32
- February 25, 2014 New version 3.33
- February 26, 2014 New version 3.35
- March 20, 2014 New version 3.36
- May 26, 2014 New version 3.40
- June 22, 2014 New version 3.41
- August 07, 2014 New version 3.42
- September 29, 2014 New version 3.44
- December 17, 2014 New version 4.0
- December 21, 2014 New version 4.01
- January 06, 2015 New version 4.02
- February 06, 2015 New version 4.05
- May 05, 2015 New version 4.10
- September 30, 2015 New version 4.11
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- November 30, 2015 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- February 28, 2016 New version 4.13
- November 06, 2016 New version 4.26
- December 10, 2016 New version 4.28