FIXES in 4.05
• Fixed graphics glitch in princess move.
• It's possible againt to select an image for a newly created internet account.
FIXES in 4.04
• All-winter tile set when using winter expansion.
• The Gingerbread Man can also be placed via drag & drop on the iPhone.
• Gingerbread Man points are displayed in the overview at the end of a game.
• The manual section is now clearer on what the Winter Expansion does.
• Fixed blurry tile graphics on iPad 3
• Fixed crash if first volcano tile is discarded.
• Fixed several other crashes.
Famous boardgame and great iOS experience, with expansions as in-app purchases.
"iPhone Game of the Year", iTunes Rewind Germany.
"The single best board game experience in the App Store", gamezebo
"Carcassonne does just about everything right on the iPhone", ars technica
"It is quite simply one of the most polished games on the platform", wired.com
"There's nothing like a sneaky farmer to push you across the winning line", Edge Magazine
"Beautiful and intuitive", joystiq
"Carcassonne is as good as it gets", EGM
"Of all the tabletop games I have played on my iPad while pooping, nothing has as much time invested in it as Carcassonne", Wil Wheaton
Play the original award winning board game Carcassonne with friends, family, or other board game enthusiasts - online or offline.
Build a medieval landscape, tile by tile, claim landmarks with your followers and score points. As a winner of the prestigious "Spiel des Jahres" award in 2001, the game allows for a plethora of play styles and strategies. If you like social gaming or board games you will love Carcassonne!
• Official Carcassonne game with original artwork
• Universal App - Buy once, play on iPad and iPhone
• Expansions available via In-App-Purchase
• "The River" adds a new strategic element to the game play
• "Inns and Cathedrals" adds a double follower and tiles to upvalue cities and roads.
• "Traders & Builders" with trade-goods, pigs and builders.
• "Princess & Dragon" with dragon, princess, fairy and magic portals.
• "Phantom" adds the phantom, a game piece you can place in addition to other followers.
• "Winter" with a new theme, tiles, and the Gingerbread Man.
• "Double Base Tile Set" adds the possibility to play with twice the amount of base game (or winter) cards.
• Easy mode that does not count Fields, ideal for Kids
• 9 different AI players: (Hans, Count, Countess, Maid, Servant, Juggler, Fortune Teller, Witch and Warlock)
• Play with up to five players passing one device around
• Unique Solitaire mode
• Local network play
• Internet multiplayer with Push Notifications
• Online and offline ranking
• Game Center Achievements
• Comprehensive in-game manual
• Tutorials with voice acting
• Compete for the best score in Solitaire Game of the Week
• Chat function for Internet and local network games
• Play with Game Center friends
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
• How do I redownload my Expansions?
You can restore your purchases free of charge in the app's purchases menu. (The treasure chest in the main menu.)
• Help! I’m trapped in a menu screen!
Try opening http://carcassonneapp.com/cleanup.html in your iPad’s or iPhone’s Safari.
• What about more Expansions?
We are continuing to work on further expansions. Please don't hesitate to tell us which one you'd like to see next!
• Can I play asynchronously?
Yes. In "Play with Friends" you can leave the app and will be notified when it's your turn again. No pressure though, unlike "Quick Play" there are no time limits.
• Can I play against my familiy or friends by passing the device around?
Yes, of course. Up to five players can play on the same device.
• Do I need to buy the expansions to participate in a game with expansions?
If you are playing local network multiplayer you can share an expansion with your opponents. To play online multiplayer, you need to buy the expansion to play with it.
• Can I play with expansions in quick play?
Yes. However currently we limit the combinations of the expansions in quick play to avoid fragmentation of the player base and longer waiting times for games. We try to give three or four useful combinations for quick play. There is also the "Automatic" category that tries to match you up with anyone who wants to play right now.
- February 06, 2015 New version 4.05
- January 06, 2015 New version 4.02
- December 21, 2014 New version 4.01
- December 17, 2014 New version 4.0
- September 29, 2014 New version 3.44
- August 07, 2014 New version 3.42
- June 22, 2014 New version 3.41
- May 26, 2014 New version 3.40
- March 20, 2014 New version 3.36
- February 26, 2014 New version 3.35
- February 25, 2014 New version 3.33
- January 21, 2014 New version 3.32
- December 20, 2013 New version 3.31
- December 18, 2013 Price increase: $6.99 -> $9.99
- December 17, 2013 New version 3.30
- December 04, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- September 30, 2013 New version 3.21
- September 18, 2013 New version 3.20
- July 05, 2013 New version 3.11
- January 25, 2013 New version 3.01
- December 19, 2012 New version 3.00
- October 23, 2012 New version 2.60
- May 02, 2012 New version 2.51
- April 05, 2012 New version 2.50
- February 03, 2012 New version 2.44
- January 31, 2012 New version 2.43
- January 29, 2012 New version 2.42
- December 17, 2011 New version 2.41
- December 16, 2011 New version 2.40
- June 09, 2011 New version 2.30
- May 24, 2011 New version 2.22
- May 19, 2011 New version 2.21
- December 21, 2010 New version 2.1
- December 10, 2010 New version 2.0
- December 07, 2010 Price increase: $4.99 -> $9.99
- October 17, 2010 New version 1.35
- October 11, 2010 New version 1.3
- August 09, 2010 New version 1.2
- June 24, 2010 New version 1.1