Minor bug fixes.
Checkers is a game for 2 players. The players sit on opposite sides of the checkerboard, and position their 12 pieces on the 12 closest dark squares. One player has 12 pieces of one color, the other player has pieces of another color.
The player with the darker pieces moves first. Play then alternates between the 2 players. A piece can move diagonally one square toward the opposite side of the board only. If the opponent’s piece is blocking, and the diagonal square beyond is free, a piece is allowed to jump over the opponent’s piece to the 2nd diagonal square and remove the opponent’s piece from the board. From the landing square of the jump, if an additional jump is possible, the player may continue with a 2nd jump.
If a player is able to jump and capture an opponent’s piece, the rules require that the jump be made. However, in Settings in this app, this rule can be turned off.
When a player’s piece arrives on the furthest forward row of squares (the opponent’s side of the board), the piece gets crowned and can then move or jump in any direction diagonally.
The game ends when one player has lost all his pieces or is unable to move.
- June 24, 2011 New version 2.0.0
- November 01, 2011 New version 2.1.0
- November 11, 2011 New version 2.1.1
- November 22, 2011 New version 2.1.2
- December 15, 2011 New version 2.1.3
- November 20, 2012 New version 2.2.0
- December 04, 2012 New version 2.2.1
- October 23, 2013 New version 2.7.0
- April 07, 2014 New version 3.0.0
- December 17, 2014 New version 3.1.0
- December 15, 2015 New version 4.0.0
- March 06, 2016 New version 4.0.1
- March 15, 2016 New version 4.0.2