• Updated for iOS 5 compatibility
• Cured "stuck chapter" situations
• Many thanks for your positive feedback!
Expand your enjoyment of literature with FAHRENHEIT 451 by Ray Bradbury (unabridged). This interactive mash-up experience contains a multitude of features and content to help take you beyond the words, by providing a 5-star professional reading, background ‘extras’, games, and more.
NOTE: This app is fully accessible, and includes support for VoiceOver.
When described as a science fiction writer, Ray Bradbury would point out that he doesn’t write science fiction. "Science fiction is a depiction of the real," he would say, "I’ve only done one science fiction book and that’s Fahrenheit 451, based on reality." When Bradbury wrote Fahrenheit 451 it was with the notion that our reality is only one small step away from the fictional one he created. This dystopic tale of a world where Firemen start fires, drug use is encouraged, and books are an illegal substance, is commonly considered a warning against censorship and oppression.
“Frightening in its implications…Mr. Bradbury’s account of this insane world, which bears many alarming resemblances to our own, is fascinating.” (New York Times)
Whatever message Ray Bradbury’s most famous novel conveys, whether it is an exploration of the consequences of censorship in society, or the evils of increasing reliance on technology, one thing is certain: Fahrenheit 451 offers as poignant a warning to readers today as it did fifty years ago.
Self-contained, this app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. This app was built especially for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, meaning it fits your device perfectly. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
This was professionally recorded at the Blackstone Audio studios by professional narrator Christopher Hurt.
• EXPERIENCE. About 5.0 hours of narration. Created on the Folium enhancedAudio™ framework, this app includes extra functions and features not found in either e-book readers or audiobook players.
• PLAY IT YOUR WAY. Listening at home or the office? Tap into remote speakers with AirPlay.
• SCORE BIG. Enjoy word search puzzles and trivia games, based on the story, characters, genre, and author biography.
• CONTROL IT. The audio player offers multi-speed fast forward/reverse, jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, plus a one-touch chapter browser. The ‘scrub’ bar let’s you point anywhere inside a chapter with just a tap, and now you can shake‘n’pause to temporarily halt playback instantly without looking at the screen.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set, the playback will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. You are airline-approved! Once you’ve downloaded the app, you’re free from the threat of an interrupted connection. Downloads usually take just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and intelligent.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the recording you’ve come.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the app again.
• TELL-A-FRIEND. An easy way to recommend the book to your friends.
• FEEDBACK. Share your ideas for functions, and features. We are very responsive to our listeners and appreciate all feedback and ideas.
• GET MORE. Other titles that you might enjoy are updated over time, helping you find that next great experience to enjoy.
RATING: Suitable for adults who enjoy chilling depictions of dystopian futures.
- November 08, 2011 New version 2.4.1