148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: A LITTLE OFF :: Read Our Full Review >>
The Bonnier Mag+ platform is great on video and in theory but isn't great as an iPad application.
What's New- Bug fixes
- Better performance
Having trouble with your app? Want to see something new in the magazine? Let us know at email@example.com!
App DescriptionPopular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
POPULAR SCIENCE+ SAMPLER:
Free with this app, see what all the excitement is about!
We’ve put together this compilation of some of the best features from the past few months of Popular Science+ for your pleasure. Browse through this sampler to share the experience of reading Popular Science on the iPad!
May 2013 issue highlights:
• Seventh Annual Invention Awards—Meet 10 rising inventors and their big ideas for a faster, safer, and more accessible future, including a gravity-powered light, a welding helmet to prevent lung damage, a prosthetic foot that can withstand high-impact sports, and more.
• Apex Predator—Humans are pushing sharks to the brink of extinction. Could tagging the ocean’s greatest predators pull them back?
• Making New Elements—The heaviest atoms in the universe are man-made. Here’s how scientists do it.
• Sun Shot—This month, pilots will fly a plane powered by sunlight across the U.S. In 2015, they plan to circumnavigate
• Wing and a Scare—A record-breaking roller coaster—including the tallest upside-down drop—mimics the thrill of stunt flying.
• What’s New—The best virtual-reality goggles, a portable beer for backpacking, the first TV show and videogame that play together
• Headlines—How smart roads will change driving, five clever ways to stop invasive species, why public genomes are the future
• How 2.0—How to replicate DNA with a lightbulb, make wired headphones wireless
. . . and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-DOUBLE TAP the screen to TOGGLE the top layer on and off.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 05, 2013 New version 4.1
December 04, 2012 New version 4.04
October 30, 2012 New version 4.0.3
October 17, 2012 New version 4.0.2
September 28, 2012 New version 4.0.1
September 20, 2012 New version 4.0
April 01, 2010 Initial Release