148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: A LITTLE OFF :: Read Our Full Review >>
The Bonnier Mag+ platform is great on video and in theory but isn't great as an iPad application.
What's New- Enhanced app interface and storefront
- Stability improvements
App DescriptionPopular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
GET 30 DAYS FREE! New subscribers - sign up for a one-year or a monthly subscription and start your 30 day FREE trial today!
POPULAR SCIENCE+ SAMPLER:
Free with this app, see what all the excitement is about!
We’ve put together this compilation of some of the best features from the past few months of Popular Science+ for your pleasure. Browse through this sampler to share the experience of reading Popular Science on the iPad!
July 2014 issue highlights:
• When Inhumans Attack—Whether it’s alien robots in Transformers or human-animal hybrids in Jupiter Ascending, humans are facing plenty of nemeses in the movies. We asked scientists if these beings could ever really exist.
• Scan Artist—Repo men collect 70 million license-plate scans each month using digital recognition equipment. One of them could even be yours.
• Core Truths—Genetically modified foods have become a controversial topic. We take a look at the science behind common claims.
• A Beautiful Mind—Ariel Garten wants to give people the tools to analyze brain activity, then alter it for greater focus and calm.
• The Whole Brilliant Enterprise—We assembled a graphic that explores the history of NASA’s most notable themes based on years of the space agency’s published annual reports.
• Now—A speaker that always knows your favorite songs, wearable gadgets that blend in with your outfit, the physics of a better glass of beer, and more!
• Next—Why selling space is bad for science, an interview with the director of Google’s Project Loon, where wind energy comes from in the U.S., and more!
• Manual—How to build a musical tip jar, a DIY spacesuit for suborbital launches, welding with car batteries, and more!
. . . and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 30, 2014 New version 5.1
February 05, 2014 New version 4.4.2
January 29, 2014 New version 4.4.1
November 30, 2013 New version 4.4.0
October 18, 2013 New version 4.3.1
September 29, 2013 New version 4.3
April 01, 2010 Initial Release