148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: A LITTLE OFF :: Read Our Full Review >>
The Bonnier Mag+ platform is great on video and in theory but isn't great as an iPad application.
What's NewBug fixes
App DescriptionPopular Science+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Science magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
POPULAR SCIENCE+ SAMPLER:
Free with this app, see what all the excitement is about!
We’ve put together this compilation of some of the best features from the past few months of Popular Science+ for your pleasure. Browse through this sampler to share the experience of reading Popular Science on the iPad!
December 2013 issue highlights:
• Best of What’s New—We’ve found all the products and technology from 2013 that are changing industries and lives. In categories as varied as engineering, software, and recreation, our researchers have found a device that can detect cancer; the tallest tower in China; and all the airships, high-tech cars, and bulletproof helmets in between.
• Headlines—Remapping memories, how to get rid of animal testing, a superconducting magnet’s path across the country, and more!
• How 2.0—A mini Mars rover built by two sisters, how to turn pennies into a long-lasting light, a biometric toy box, and more!
. . . and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
INSTRUCTIONS TO USE THIS APP:
*Please note that most stories are constructed in two layers, one on top of the other.
-Swipe left or right to BROWSE through the magazine.
-Swipe up or down to READ an article.
-Tap the screen to ACCESS the menu.
-DOUBLE TAP the screen to TOGGLE the top layer on and off.
-A SINGLE TAP will call up the menu and navigation system; tap again to remove it.
-Tap the UPPER-RIGHT CORNER to bookmark an article.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
February 05, 2014 New version 4.4.2
January 29, 2014 New version 4.4.1
November 30, 2013 New version 4.4.0
October 18, 2013 New version 4.3.1
September 29, 2013 New version 4.3
September 26, 2013 New version 4.2.1
April 01, 2010 Initial Release