148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: A LITTLE OFF :: Read Our Full Review >>
The Bonnier Mag+ platform is great on video and in theory but isn't great as an iPad application.
What's NewBug fixes and other improvements
App DescriptionTRY POPULAR SCIENCE+ FREE FOR 30 DAYS.
Popular Science+ has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
Print subscribers can access the digital issue for FREE by downloading this app, tapping the Current Subscribers button, and following the instructions to create an account.
New digital subscribers will be billed 30 days after purchasing. If you do not wish to be billed and continue your subscription, simply turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of your free trial period.
SPECIAL SCIENCE FICTION ISSUE
More than 100 pages of mind-bending science fiction, including original work from Popular Science, a short story anthology from up-and-coming writers, and a graphic novel based on Isaac Asimov's legendary Nightfall, one of the greatest pieces of short science fiction ever written. Free with an annual subscription or available as a single copy.
FROM OUR LATEST ISSUE, SEPTEMBER 2014
• The War of Ones and Zeros—The future of cyberwar is here, and it’s changing everything we know about the rules of engagement.
• See. Learn. Do—In our annual look at education, we highlight the innovative programs and people that are reimagining the way kids learn.
• Bill Nye Fights Back—The Science Guy may conjure up images of goofy bow ties, but he’s taken on a new, more serious charge: Defend science against all odds.
• A Shift in Nuclear Powers—Use this data visualization to see the rise and fall of nuclear as a power source around the world.
• Pushing Our Limits—Over the years, humans have gotten stronger, taller, smarter, and faster. But how far can they take it? Plus: We’ve got tips for improving your own abilities.
• Now—Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle, a football helmet for safer gameplay, the booming industry of cryptophones, and more!
• Next—A close look at the pill that prevents HIV, what to do about food scarcity, Jill Tarter on alien communication, and more!
• Manual—A strikingly strong Wiffle ball blaster, high-tech tools built with LEGO blocks, how to farm your own edible crickets, and more!
. . . and more!
• 1-year (12 issues) subscription for $14.99 - You save 74%!
• 1-month subscription for $1.99
Your subscription will automatically renew unless you cancel 24 hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Missing issues after update? Tap the “Missing Issues?” button in the Library and sign in to the iTunes account you used to buy the issues originally. They should reappear in your Library.
E-mail us with any questions, problems, or even just feedback at: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 24, 2014 New version 5.1.4
June 30, 2014 New version 5.1
February 05, 2014 New version 4.4.2
January 29, 2014 New version 4.4.1
November 30, 2013 New version 4.4.0
October 18, 2013 New version 4.3.1
April 01, 2010 Initial Release