148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: GOOD MUSIC, POOR EXECUTION :: Read Our Full Review >>
Etude has a pretty UI and a decent selection of (free) sheet music, but it's just not practical. The playback sometimes stutters, scrolling is jerky, and the screen is just too small to use for playing music. Etude would be better suited to the iPad.
What's NewNEW FEATURES (iPad):
- Now supports scores with multiple instruments.
- New synthesizer offers improved sound quality
- On piano pieces, individual hands can be toggled on and off and shown in different colors.
- New "play highlight" setting allows 3 choices:
- No highlight: Just turn the pages
- Note: The way it's always worked, with the cursor moving in front of the music
- Measure: New subtle, unobtrusive effect where the current measure is highlighted in the color assigned to that staff in the keyboard/instruments list.
(You may need to delete and re-download pieces in your library to enable this)
- Volume can now be changed from a slider in the app
BUG FIXES (iPad):
- Fixed issue where "my scores" screen did not always display correctly after rotating.
- Fixed some timing and synchronization issues
- Fixed crash that could occur when rotating the screen while playing a piece
- Fixed crash that often occurred when deleting scores from My Scores
NEW FEATURES (iPhone):
- Uses the new synthesizer
- Scores can now be deleted from the "my scores" screen via the "edit" button.
App DescriptionEtude is sheet music on steroids. Whether you're an accomplished musician or someone who couldn't carry a tune given a wheelbarrow, Etude will quickly become an indispensable tool for adding new songs to your repertoire. Choose from hundreds (and soon to be thousands) of songs, hear and see how they should be played, and learn them yourself. From Fur Elise to The Entertainer to The Itsy Bitsy Spider, Etude spans music genres, ages, and difficulty levels to bring a vast assortment of sheet music literally to your fingertips!
HOW IT WORKS
Discover and download sheet music instantly from Etude’s in-app store, where you’ll find hundreds of well known songs (all of which are free right now). Scroll through real sheet music, hear it, and even see where to place your fingers on the keyboard as the notes scroll by at your desired speed. Learning to play new music could not be easier!
* Displays authentic, beautifully-engraved sheet music reformatted for optimal viewing on your mobile device
* Graphical piano keyboard reveals which keys to press at each point
* Built-in MIDI music synthesizer lets you listen at any speed you'd like
* Customizable settings let you fine-tune how Etude shows and plays back music
* Access hundreds of songs of all genres and styles and download them instantly to your personal library to play as often as you like.
* Search or browse by composer, style, staff picks, or most popular
* All music in the store right now is FREE. In the future, we'll be working with publishers to bring you premium tracks from current artists.
* Social networking features let you share the music you're learning with your friends via Facebook and Twitter. [iPhone version only]
* View in depth metadata about music, including composer, arranger, year published, and links to further reading on sites like Wikipedia.
* Connects with the iTunes Music Store to point you at professional performances of the piece you're trying to master.
August 25, 2011 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
August 16, 2011 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
March 15, 2010 Initial Release