You've noticed the crashes sharing and you aren't alone! They have been fixed! If this fixes your issues please update your reviews or leave new ones as they are the lifeblood of Tracing Paper :)
- emergency fix to fix many of the crashes users have been having sharing images on iOS 6, many apologies for that
- rotation support on iOS6 restored to match iOS5, though additionally, gallery rotates now as well
I'm celebrating the release "Cato's Hike", my new game to teach children (and adults) basic programming! Please check out and enjoy :)
Please note, I've worked on updating all performance issues, if you still have any please send me feedback from the app in addition to on the app store. I couldn't reproduce any performance issues on the iPad3 as in one of the reviews.
- iPhone 5 and iOS 6 fixes
- fix using the new pencil mode on iOS 6
- save/restore last used pencil settings
- many stability and OpenGL crash fixes, especially multitasking
- fix rendering tracing grid to not show extra lines or crash on resize
- added support for the new iOS 6 sharing sheet for cleaner sharing UI
- raise limit to 3 traces in Trial mode
- fix problem using "Open With..." when already tracing
- eraser fixed to be round shape
- retina pencil icon and remove old icons
I'm currently celebrating the release "Cato's Hike", my new game to teach children (and adults) basic programming! Please check out and enjoy :)
Tracing Paper is a simple yet elegant universal application for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that helps you practice and improve your drawing and sketching skills by giving you a blank translucent canvas with a clean and simple grid on which you can trace anything you wish as often as you like. I believe it will be great for anyone who enjoys drawing or for kids that just want to play around!
After choosing a photo from your library you can adjust its size and location under the canvas using your fingers to pinch to rotate/zoom and one finger to drag it around, then you just trace and shade whatever you wish using your finger. If you make a mistake simply choose the eraser tool and erase your mistake (also, you can use the eraser creatively to help add details in ways that are different from simply drawing), or if you want more accuracy than an eraser there is undo/redo support for up to 8 actions. For those hard to see details zoom, rotate or pan the canvas in for further detail by simply pinching the canvas or using two fingers and dragging to move! For those details where we want the colors to really pop there is now support for coloring and changing the pencil size to draw larger or smaller details as needed! For those moments where you want to quickly fill a region, there is now flood fill support, just press the bucket tool and click in an enclosed region to fill in.
After you are done, wow the world and save your masterpiece to your Photo Library or share it via Email, Facebook, Twitter, PDF or even copy to the clipboard or use open-with to open it in compatible programs to touch it up!
Tracing Paper features:
• Super-smooth drawing with proprietary OpenGL-based rendering engine
• 2 pencil styles
• Support for tracing any photo from your device’s photo album
• Gallery mode to browse to create/load/edit your traces
• Shading support just like a real pencil, draw over the same area multiple times to shade it darker
• Changing brush size to help draw or shade larger areas
• Zooming, rotating and panning of the image to trace to focus on the details that matter (pinch to zoom/rotate, two fingers to pan)
• Flood Fill
• Undo/redo up to 8 actions
• Saving your creations to your Photo library
• Sending your traces via email, Facebook, Twitter, PDF, Open-with for other programs
I am definitely excited about this project and want to continue improving it as much as possible. I've already added many features based on feedback I've received and I'm always appreciative of new ideas that fit the vision and feel of this app. Please feel free to leave ratings and reviews however you feel and I will do my best to respond with updates!
You can reach me anytime at the email below or via twitter at: @tracingpaperios. Please feel free to email me ANY questions, comments or crashes you have. I will continue working to add new features.
- iPhone 5 and iOS6 fixes
- fix using the new pencil mode on iOS6
- save last used pencil settings
- many stability and OpenGL crash fixes, especially multitasking
- fix grid crashes
- support for the new iOS6 sharing sheet
- MORE STABILITY AND POLISH
- all new rendering engine OpenGL-based engine using shaders for smoother drawing and no lag!
- rotation for traces
- zoom or drag trace in/out from edges of device so can draw across whole surface!
- flood fill (bucket fill) tool to shade sketches quickly
- resizeable eraser
- faster/auto-saving so you don't lose your drawings!
- PDF export and email
- copy to clipboard to paste directly in emails or other programs
- "Open With..." to open background images from many programs directly into Tracing Paper
- "Open With..." to open your traces straight into other programs for finishing touches!
- undo up to 12 actions
- June 24, 2011 New version 3.0
- June 25, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- June 27, 2011 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- October 08, 2011 New version 4.0
- October 22, 2011 New version 4.1
- October 26, 2011 New version 4.2
- November 18, 2011 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- November 18, 2011 New version 4.3
- November 22, 2011 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- November 25, 2011 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- November 27, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 28, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 30, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 30, 2011 New version 4.4
- December 01, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- December 10, 2011 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- December 16, 2011 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- December 17, 2011 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 18, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- December 19, 2011 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- January 04, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- January 05, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 25, 2012 New version 5.0.6
- August 08, 2012 New version 5.1
- November 08, 2012 New version 5.2
- November 10, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- November 12, 2012 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- November 13, 2012 New version 5.2.1
- November 21, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- November 22, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- November 23, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 24, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 06, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 07, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 14, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- December 15, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- May 23, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- May 03, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- October 09, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99