New plane: P-38 Lightning!
This plan is fast and heavy... how does it stack up against the light-weight Zero?
THIS is the App you guys have been asking for: X-Plane CARRIER.
This app is the most realistic aerial combat simulation for any mobile device (by far), and is the most realistic carrier-ops simulation for any mobile device as well.
Your ultimate goal is to take off from the carrier, destroy your adversary in the air without being shot down yourself, and return to the carrier for landing.
You will receive a score based on your performance. How high how can you score? We have never managed to exceed a 90% here.
Catapults, guns, guided missiles, and arresting gear are all realistically simulated (more realistically than any other any mobile device app by far), giving you the ultimate aviation challenges of aircraft carrier operations and aerial combat in one simulation.
You will have access to the World-War-2 F4U Corsair, a screaming 350+ mph fighter packing two THOUSAND horsepower.
This goes against the nimble Japanese A6M 'Zero'... a much slower and less powerful, but much MORE MANEUVERABLE, adversary.
You can fly either plane against the other, to experiment in the advantages of speed versus maneuverability.
You can also try the mighty F-4 Phantom, with over thirty-two THOUSAND pounds of thrust, and four air-to-air guided missiles, and guns if those fail.
This bird flies against the surprisingly fast and agile Mig-21 Fishbed, which puts up an amazing fight with it's light weight and tight turns.
As well, you can take the Mig up against the Phantom to try the battle from the other side. Which plane is better in the dog-fight?
After winning the aerial engagement, of course, the battle is only half-won... you still have to put the plane on the carrier to FINISH your flight!
Google 'carrier landings' to learn how... what you see there DOES apply to this simulation... all of the X-Plane simulations are realistic enough that you can just research how to fly the REAL planes, and use that research to see how to fly X-Plane! Our instructions ARE THE DESCRIPTIONS OF HOW TO FLY THE REAL PLANE. The X-Plane simulations are actually that realistic.
Once you have licked the violent aerial engagements and tricky carrier operations in day, night, clear, cloudy, calm, and windy conditions, battling all different sorts of adversaries in all different sorts of weather at all times of day, you can move on to MULTIPLAYER! This gets really, really, fun, of course, because this is the first-ever X-Plane simulation where you can shoot your opponent down to a flaming, horrible death.
Ready to try it?
- December 09, 2011 New version 9.75
- August 21, 2011 New version 9.710
- July 16, 2011 New version 9.700
- July 07, 2011 New version 9.697
- June 16, 2011 New version 9.696
- June 08, 2011 New version 9.695
- May 09, 2011 New version 9.692
- April 29, 2011 New version 9.691
- April 18, 2011 New version 9.690
- April 11, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- March 29, 2011 New version 9.680
- December 07, 2010 New version 9.66
- November 13, 2010 New version 9.65
- October 26, 2010 New version 9.63
- September 23, 2010 New version 9.620
- August 27, 2010 New version 9.61
- July 09, 2010 New version 9.551
- June 22, 2010 New version 9.55
- March 27, 2010 New version 9.521
- March 19, 2010 New version 9.52