IOS8 compatibility has been added.
Developed in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
As featured in the WWDC 2012 Keynote Speech.
The Muscle System Pro III is used by most universities and is now the standard learning/reference tool for students and medical professionals.
Now with 215 movement animations, 425 audio pronunciations, 548 isolated muscles and 548 muscle Insertion and Origin maps (You can toggle between muscles and their attachment points on the bone).
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/muscle_pro.php
This app is by far the the most comprehensive musculoskeletal system on the market.
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - with a swipe of your finger.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views where applicable.
• 10 layers of superficial and deep muscle.
• New 3D level with insertion / origin points mapped onto bone.
• 548 isolated muscles and insertion/origin points (mapped onto the bone)
• 215 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc)
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice - with ability to test on specific areas or muscles.
• 425 audio pronunciations, for every label. (Please ensure your language is set to English in settings for pronunciations to work)
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double Tap to zoom - zoom into and identify any region or muscle by tapping on the screen.
• Customize Pins - add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Jump to a different area of the body - jump to a different body area by tapping or dragging the white box on the full body thumbnail.
• Customize the app - using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc…
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select a muscle and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, in helping to locate a muscle and / or explain its relevance for certain conditions, ailments and injuries.
- July 01, 2011 Price increase: $4.99 -> $19.99
- July 30, 2011 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $6.99
- October 13, 2011 New version 2.3
- October 28, 2011 New version 2.4
- April 29, 2012 New version 3.3
- May 11, 2012 New version 3.3.1
- May 17, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- May 22, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- October 18, 2012 New version 3.4
- November 15, 2012 New version 3.4.1
- October 10, 2013 New version 3.7
- May 14, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- September 20, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- September 27, 2014 New version 3.8
- May 24, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- June 05, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- July 14, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- July 27, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99