- If you are running OS 3.0, update to OS 3.0.1
- Now correctly allows all legal bids in all situations.
- Correctly handles selection of card at end of trick 4.
- After game rules are changed, ignore old rules in any saved game.
At the world Series of Euchre Brent Spivak ( The 2009 World Series of Euchre champion) commented about Euchre Baron and human opponents :
"Rock solid program. Beats 75% of the competition."
Euchre Baron has powerful computer players and the options you need to play euchre the way that you want.
- Euchre Baron includes all 498,688,594,500,096 euchre deals.
- Play to 10, 11, or 15.
- Optional "stick the dealer".
- Option for whether dealer's partner may order up (Canadian rule).
- Take back your calls and plays.
- Get a hint at any time.
- Review the hands for the previous deal.
- Five game speeds, from very fast to very slow.
- Optionally play meaningless tricks automatically.
- Continue game if interrupted by a phone call.
- Shake it to skip current deal
Euchre Baron is different from other euchre software in several ways. Most other euchre software works primarily on the basis of what artificial intelligence researchers refer to as expert systems: collections of rules designed by humans to compute decisions about trump-making, the discard, and play of the cards. We developed Euchre Baron to compute decisions primarily by using what artificial intelligence researchers refer to as search: projecting the hypothetical result of playing out the deal.
To make a decision on whether to make trump or pass, what card to discard as dealer, or what card to play to a trick, Euchre Baron imagines possible hands for the other players, based on its hand and the actions that all players have taken so far. Based on these possible hands, it constructs dozens of possible complete deals.
Then, for each of these deals, the program projects the hypothetical score for playing out the deal, depending on what decision it makes. The program then makes the decision that leads to the best score on these dozens of deals.
Great Game Products has been publishing card-game software for over twenty years, including Bridge Baron, our popular software for the card game bridge. The Euchre Baron developers brought their expertise to the Euchre Baron project after honing their skills through their years of experience at Great Game Products developing Bridge Baron and other card-game software.
Euchre Baron was developed in consultation with Joe Andrews, author of The Complete Win at Euchre.
- January 01, 2013 Initial release