IOS8 compatibility has been added.
Developed by 3D4Medical in collaboration with Stanford University School of Medicine.
AS SEEN ON TV: This app is featured in Apple's iPad TV ad.
"Named by Apple as one of the top 5 medical iPad apps of 2011"
For a 2 minute overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/skeletal_pro.php
Skeletal System Pro contains hundreds of improvements - here are a few:
• 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - with a swipe of your finger.
• Rotate vertically for inferior and superior views.
• 94 animations of every movement of each articulation (e.g. flexion, extension, abduction, adduction, etc)
• 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• 596 audio pronunciations, for every label.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
• Color mapping of the skull and pelvis bones.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double Tap to Zoom - zoom into and identify any region, bone, skeletal area or ligament by tapping on the screen.
• Use your finger to Cut - slice skeletal areas for a coronal, sagittal and transverse cut view (where applicable) - use hints to learn how.
• Press the Scalpel - to add or remove up to 4 layers of connective tissue.
• Pins appear in both English and Latin.
• Double Tap again for additional Zooming - useful when there are multiple pins.
• Customize Pins - add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the App - using the settings function the user can choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses etc…
The Skeletal System Pro III - includes the most in depth 3D skeleton ever developed, the ability to rotate, cut and get superior/inferior views all with the simple stroke of the finger.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select an item and the app will automatically zoom in and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas of the skeletal system to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries.
- July 02, 2011 Price increase: $4.99 -> $19.99
- July 24, 2011 Price decrease: $19.99 -> $5.99
- October 13, 2011 New version 2.3
- October 28, 2011 New version 2.4
- April 29, 2012 New version 3.3
- May 11, 2012 New version 3.3.1
- May 16, 2012 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $0.99
- May 19, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- May 22, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- October 19, 2012 New version 3.4
- November 15, 2012 New version 3.4.1
- October 10, 2013 New version 3.7
- May 14, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- September 20, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- September 28, 2014 New version 3.8
- May 24, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- June 05, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- July 13, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- July 26, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99