What's New* "Revert Sound" added to the sound menu below copy and paste. Edit a sound then revert it to the way it was when you launched Pianofly.
* Select Sound While Playing - While holding down one or more notes, select a sound icon or double tap to edit a sound (previously you had to release the note before changing sounds).
* Icon Loading Bug Fixed - Sometimes the sound icons wouldn't load until you scrolled the page.
* Low Note Bug Fixed - The lowest few notes would stop playing while scrolling the keyboard.
* Additional optimization, performance enhancements and improved compatibility with OS 3.0.
App DescriptionWe combined a powerful, versatile audio synthesizer with a unique scrolling piano keyboard to make a musical instrument that could only exist on the iPhone. Itâ€™s never been easier to perform music, or to create your own sounds.
Play solo or jam along with any song in your music library. A great way for DJs to add effects or improvise over their playlist or for students to practice a new song. Let your fingers fly!
Just tap an instrument icon to play it or double tap to edit it. Even if Pianofly is your first synthesizer, you can easily create and discover new sounds: drag sound waves to make them longer or shorter, drag from one node to another to link them, or double tap a node to shape it over time. Synth experts will love the control, clarity and stability of our synth. You adjust the sound directly: no knobs, switches or buttons. And it all happens live; edit every aspect of the sound while you play!
Weâ€™ve included 60 instruments to show you the variety of sounds you can create, but we hope youâ€™ll learn from our examples and then create your own instruments to match your needs and your musical taste. Finish off your sounds with a custom icon using any image in your photo library.
To make Pianofly a great instrument, we made a great keyboard: an 88-key, multi-touch piano keyboard that you can scroll while you play. The keys are large enough so even big fingers can always hit the right note. Yet by scrolling, a melody can span many octaves. Use the bar along the bottom to scroll silently, or to hold the keyboard in place.
* 16-bit, CD quality, polyphonic, multitimbral FM synthesizer.
* Up to 3 nodes per instrument.
* Node can be on, off or modulating another node.
* Node types: Sine, Square, Saw Tooth, White Noise.
* Node range: 1 octave below, 2 octaves above the note played.
* ADSR envelope for each node to shape amplitude over time.
* 80 Instrument presets, edit our sounds or create your own.
* Choose any photo in your library as an instrument icon.
* Edit while you play for pitch bends and modulation changes.
* Built-in contextual help screens.
Visit www.miniMusic.com to watch videos of Pianofly in action; see how to play the scrolling keyboard and hear sound samples. Also read FAQs and documentation. Send any questions or problems to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to help you!
miniMusic has been developing award winning mobile music software for over ten years. This is just a taste of what we have in store for the iPhone. We plan to add recording and other new features to Pianofly soon; get it now before the price goes up!
Use headphones or external speakers for the best sound. Take care of your ears, you only get two.
â€śI couldnâ€™t put the damn thing down... itâ€™s a lot of fun, impeccably made and a steal for the price.â€ť -- App of My Eye
â€ś4.5 stars - Recommended. A great choice for musicians interested in electronic sound.â€ť -- 148 Apps
â€śThe sound quality in Pianofly is excellent. This is a synth thatâ€™s been designed with the iPhone user in mind. A real step forward for mobile music.â€ť -- Palm Sounds
May 03, 2009 Initial Release