Active Energy and Distance are now saved to HealthKit.
The Run 5k app has been featured on CNN.com, Boston.com’s lifestyle-health section, and in Health Magazine. Get into shape using our 8-week beginner training plan, complete with an animated warmup and cooldown stretching program. This app has voice cues that guide you even when your screen is locked. The app tells you when to run and walk and gives audio cues for distance and pace when you use GPS. You can use this app outside, on a track, or in the gym.
Join the hundreds of thousands of other runners who have used Run 5k to successfully go from a couch potato to a 5km runner (3.1 miles). This app is great for beginner runners who have never run before or former runners who want to start up again.
• Apple Watch App and Glance.
• Speaks pace, distance, intervals, and halfway point.
• Optionally uses GPS for pace and distance. (You can also use this app on a treadmill or indoor track without GPS.)
• Animated warmup and cooldown stretching programs with timer and voice cues.
• Tap out your heart rate on the heart icon.
• Supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors.
• Integrates with the Health app. Uses your weight set in HealthKit to calculate Calories burned, and to save your Active Calories for each workout.
ABOUT the WORKOUTS
• 8-week training program for perfect for beginners or former runners.
• Each workout is about 30 minutes long.
• Interval training alternates between jogging and walking.
• Workout intervals gradually become more challenging.
• 5-minute warmup and 5-minute cooldown, which are skippable.
• Speaks each jog and walk interval, halfway mark, and 1-minute-left mark.
• Optionally speaks pace and distance information every 1/2 mile or 1/2 km.
• Automatically checks off each completed workout and records your date, pace and distance.
AUDIO CUES and NOTIFICATIONS
If you’re not getting Notifications in the background, open the Settings app, select Notifications, then scroll down to find Run 5k in the list. Tap on Run 5k and turn on Notification Center, choose an alert style, and turn everything else on (Sound, Badge App Icon, Lock Screen). Check your volume and make sure your ringer switch is not set to silent/vibrate.
This app can be integrated with the Health app and be used with HealthKit. Your weight set in the Health app can be used to calculate Calories burned during a workout, and the total Active Calories burned can be saved to HealthKit after each workout. Sharing this information with HealthKit is optional.
GPS and LOCATION
To show distance and pace information, Run 10k can use GPS location tracking during a workout. For best results, use this app outside where you can see open sky. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Legal Disclaimer: This app and any information given by it or by Felt Tip Inc are for educational purposes only. They are not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should always consult your healthcare provider before beginning any fitness program.
Run 5k was created by Lucius Kwok, Agnes Chan, and Kasten Searles. Made in NYC.
- July 03, 2015 New version 6.3
- June 12, 2015 New version 6.2
- June 03, 2015 New version 6.1
- February 06, 2015 New version 6.0.4
- December 30, 2014 New version 6.0.3
- October 25, 2014 New version 6.0.2
- October 04, 2014 New version 6.0.1
- October 02, 2014 New version 6
- June 19, 2014 New version 5.4
- April 01, 2014 New version 5.3
- January 24, 2014 New version 5.2
- January 04, 2014 New version 5.1
- December 02, 2013 New version 5.0
- November 28, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- November 27, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- July 17, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- July 14, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- June 17, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- June 13, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- March 26, 2013 New version 4.3
- March 09, 2013 New version 4.2
- February 21, 2013 New version 4.1.1
- January 12, 2013 New version 4.1
- December 24, 2012 New version 4.0
- December 04, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 27, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 21, 2012 New version 3.0
- July 11, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 16, 2011 New version 2.0.1
- December 09, 2011 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $3.99
- December 09, 2011 New version 2.0
- November 14, 2011 Price increase: $2.99 -> $9.99
- October 11, 2011 New version 1.5
- March 10, 2011 New version 1.4
- July 20, 2010 New version 1.3
- May 18, 2010 New version 1.2
- March 15, 2010 New version 1.1.1
- March 12, 2010 New version 1.1
- September 16, 2009 New version 1.0.4
- September 11, 2009 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- August 18, 2009 New version 1.0.3
- July 21, 2009 New version 1.0.2
- July 03, 2009 New version 1.0.1