App DescriptionNow you can have an international Gold-Medalist Go Engine in your pocket!
- Very strong engine with high international ranking
- 19x19 standard board
- 13x13 shorter game, ideal to develop strategic ideas
- 9x9 a delightful shorter game, also practice for 19x19
- 2-player mode, as well as human-AI play mode
- Save multiple game sessions
- Review full play history, in current and saved games
- 11 computer opponent levels
- 9 handicap levels
- Chinese and Japanese rules
- Professionally composed music, unique to this game
The ancient game of Go is still widely played in Japan, Korea and China. The simple rule set hides a game of enormous depth and strategic beauty, considered by many as being the ultimate thinking game.
Where Chess is highly analytical, Go depends on intuitive response to patterns and the capacity to trade advantages. The beginner can easily overplay a position or play too timidly - learning to play Go teaches fine judgment and complexity management.
A demo version of this product is under development and will be released in the upcoming months.
From the AI Factory family of engines, Aya Go is the work of Hiroshi Yamashita, a Computer Olympiad Gold medalist in Go and also 3 times World Computer Shogi Champion. Aya is already available in airline in-flight entertainment and will shortly appear on 2 major gaming consoles. Aya has competed in 9 world computer tournaments over the past 7 years, winning Gold, 2 Silvers and 2 Bronze medals.
February 20, 2009 Initial Release