What's New- Self-play mode
- Playback mode
- Export to camera roll
- Printing (via AirPrint)
- Remembers which game is selected in each PGN file
- Can play against any other version of tChess (Lite, Pro, etc.) via Game Center
- Ability to send messages to Game Center opponents
- Added the back and forward toolbar buttons during Game Center games
- Improvements to the engine; now much better at finding optimal checkmates
App DescriptionNote: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, iCloud, AirPrint, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and the iPhone 5's 4" display.
tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
January 29, 2014 New version 1.8.2
September 27, 2013 New version 1.8.1
September 26, 2013 New version 1.8.0
July 05, 2013 New version 1.7.5
February 20, 2013 New version 1.7.4
September 28, 2012 New version 1.7.3
November 05, 2008 Initial Release