What's New- Support for the iPhone 5's new screen size and iOS 6
- Learn Chess is now full-screen on the iPad
- Option to flip all the pieces when it's black's turn (for two-player games)
- Option to use the hint button to toggle Analysis Mode
- New menu to set defaults for saving and exporting games (default recipient, etc.)
- Saves all rated games to "rated_games.pgn"
- Support for complete Forsyth-Edwards Notation
App DescriptiontChess Pro
NEW! tChess supports the iPhone 5's new screen size and iOS 6!
NEW! tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
NEW! tChess supports both real-time and turn-based Game Center for online play!
tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
February 20, 2013 New version 1.7.4
September 28, 2012 New version 1.7.3
March 30, 2012 New version 1.7.2
November 04, 2011 New version 1.7.1
October 08, 2011 New version 1.7.0
May 06, 2011 New version 1.6.0
November 05, 2008 Initial Release