What's NewFixing a graphics problem found on devices running 3.0.
App DescriptionOkay, so, this game was really made more for us than anything. We really were missing the old school days playing Snake on our phones, when practically EVERY phone came with it, and decided to make it.
As it turned out, this was one of our hardest projects, just because the testing phase kept going over-schedule. We're not quite sure why...
Anyhow, we finally decided that if we loved it this much, other people might just, too, so we polished it up, slapped an old-school phone feel on top of it, and sent it out the door to you, the loyal App Store public.
The game includes:
- Three difficulty levels
- Three playing field sizes per difficulty
- An innovative "Progressive" mode that makes the game challenging when you first start out, but lets you keep playing by expanding the playing area dynamically as your snake outgrows its "habitat"
- High scores recorded for each level/size combination
- Automatic game saving when receiving a call or exiting to the home screen
- Auto-switching between portrait and landscape modes simply by rotating your iPhone/iPod for a whole new control mode
- Absolute (up/down/left/right) controls in portrait mode via on-screen buttons, just like you're used to (none of this trying to get the snake to follow your taps on the playing field)
- Relative (left/right) controls in landscape mode, to let you control from the snake's perspective
- Two awesome gameplay axises (axes? that sounds like we're playing gauntlet or something. Axii?)
- High-tech 2d graphics
- Super-cool old-school phone skin
- Top-notch support
- Free updates for life!
- Tap playing area to pause the game
- Two skins (classic and colorful)
- Optional walls (walls are always on in Progressive mode)
August 15, 2008 Initial Release