This is a major content update that adds some new weapons, characters, and events. It also features some requested additions to the control options. More updates coming!
- Open the options menu during missions now to tweak controls on the fly, with the top left button.
- Option to show the movement pad when you place your thumb down, on by default
- Drag Lock option to plant the movement controls down to where you put your thumb down, with no dragging. Just slide the drag setting all the way to the right.
- ZP skulls added! Touch them to get them to stop laughing at you for a moment and also give you a Zombo Point.
- ZP skulls can randomly be added to loot generated in most building types.
Rare Events and Encounters
- Road Event: Cursed Treasure. Permanently screw up a character in exchange for getting a pirate cutlass or other melee weapons. Or just accept a Goblin Gift Basket or the Dingusnomicon.
- Road Event: Chainsaw Hand Replacement. Also includes complimentary Double Barrel Shotgun!
- New rank of Rare Finder added. This will let you get up to 4 rare events per game and very slightly increases their chance (currently to 4/55 or so)
- City Encounter: Sewer Rodent
- City Encounter: Department of Motor Vehicles
- DMV Event: Completely Legally Binding Name Change
- Rare Camp Recruit: Earnestine. Wielder of the Farmer's Shotgun.
- Rare Encounter Recruit: Some kind of green rodent?
- Sai: Like the ninja's kunai, except normal characters can actually use it.
- Chainsaw Hand: The tiniest chainsaw. Very efficient, slightly less damage output, stuck to your arm forever.
- Double Barrel Shotgun: Zombie obliteration for players with a big pile of shotgun shells saved up. Double the piercing of most shotguns!
- Farmer's Shotgun: Unique double barrel shotgun with +33% damage and faster reload times.
Tweaks and Fixes
- Text skip on touch
- Fixed a MORE.. bug
- Grim Reaper no longer drops his Scythe
- Removed the break chances when using the shotguns as melee weapons
- Typo fixes
- Big Dawg: Trader cost set to 35, down from 40
- Big Dawg: Piercing increased to 15%, up from 10%
New content update added that even more events, new special characters, weapons, and more! More updates coming, see below for details.
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
Another update planned for around March. We're going to focus on new special trading camps, along with new weapons, characters, and tweaks.
As always, with big contents updates we will increase the price by a dollar.
- March 22, 2017 Initial release
- March 26, 2017 New version 1.01
- April 13, 2017 New version 1.02
- May 18, 2017 New version 1.04
- May 18, 2017 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- August 27, 2017 New version 1.1
- August 27, 2017 Price increase: $8.99 -> $10.99
- January 06, 2018 New version 1.22
- January 06, 2018 Price increase: $10.99 -> $11.99