We've been working all summer to prepare some new surprises for you-- keep your eyes peeled in the next few weeks for new features and rewards!
This update has:
- new functionality to support in-game offers and giveaways
- optimizations to make the game run smoother for some players who experience freezing or hanging during the game's loading screen
- resolved ad-related black screens that some players were seeing
- necessary SDK updates to support players using new iOS devices
- upgraded how the game talks to the back-end system to prevent server-save problems
- a couple other bug fixes relating to receipt validation, and the in-game version control system
Thanks for playing!
***NOTE: Some older devices will not be able to play Virtual Town well right now. That includes: iPhone 4s, iPad 2, 1st-gen iPad Minis, and iPod Touch 4th and 5th generation. The game is very pretty and uses more graphics power than our previous games. We have optimized the game to help with performance, but you may still experience issues on these older devices. :) ***
Come, move in to Virtual Town! Become the new Mayor and help restore the town to its past glory!
A note from the developer:
Hi! Thanks for looking at Virtual Town! If you are looking for the features and "bullet points," just scroll down below this little note.
It's been more than a couple of years since we have launched a new game, here at Last Day of Work! Well, this is it, the new one. Yes, of course it is a real-time simulation, but this one is a little different. More than ever before, we feel like we have created a world.
The world lives and breathes in your device. Moon phases change as days go by (just like in your real world!). When the sun sets where you are, it's turning into night in Virtual Town. More than ever, we feel like the world lives and breathes. Watch seasons change. Watch relationships change. Watch your mayor's adopted little boy or girl grow, and learn how to manage the town.
We hope the world we have created immerses you as much as it does us. Something to know, though: just like a real world, this one will be changing and growing. The truth is, we are a small team and putting everything that we want into these games is not always possible. We hope to continue working on Virtual Town and making it deeper, richer, more real, and more full of secrets, as the months go on.
In the meantime, join us! You are right on time! Help us explore Virtual Town and come with us as we see where it takes us. And where did that previous mayor go, anyway?
With excitement and gratitude,
Lead Designer, Last Day of Work
Virtual Town is a little abandoned town right in your device! Come in and help out (they need it!).
* Manage a living, breathing town.
* True "real-time." Watch it turn from day to night, as your own day ends!
* Meet interesting, quirky residents. Make friends! Make enemies!
* Collect dozens of rare insects, gems, and botanical species. Restore the town Museum.
* Dynamic weather, seasons, and moon phases. Watch their little world change just like your own!
* Build and decorate your crib. Make it awesome. Fill it with stuff.
* Adopt a needy child, to raise as your own. Train her to help you so that she can eventually take over when you retire as Mayor.
* Uncover the secrets of Virtual Town. Where did the original mayor go? Why did he leave?
Recommended for fans of our other games (Virtual Villagers, Virtual Families), and for fans of simulation games!
Check out our other hit games, as well! Bye!
- December 20, 2015 Initial release
- December 22, 2015 New version 0.4.4
- January 17, 2016 New version 0.5.1
- February 02, 2016 New version 0.5.42
- February 20, 2016 New version 0.6.0
- February 20, 2016 New version 0.6.0
- March 20, 2016 New version 0.6.7
- July 06, 2016 New version 0.7.9
- November 08, 2016 New version 0.7.14