We added a supplemental handbook with fun facts and discussion questions, as well as minor improvements and fixes.
~ / " \ _ / " \ _ / " \ ~
Dig into our planet and the forces that shape it. Trigger earthquakes! Make volcanos erupt! Discover fossils. Investigate plate tectonics, weathering, erosion, and deposition. Move glaciers and beaches.
***** Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice *****
The Earth is an interactive model that lets kids study geology and ecology. Kids explore and play with the geological forces that change the Earth—above and below the surface, in minutes and over millions of years. Kids can also learn about conservation as they test clean energy sources, clean up beaches, and preserve forests.
The Earth is No. 5 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library. Each Explorer’s Library app lets kids explore the invisible and awesome wonders of STEM. Kids (and kids at heart!) develop foundational science literacy.
"This is a great way to let children informally and playfully discover some of the big ideas they’ll encounter later on in their school curriculum. Apps like this one are good reminders for why you spent hundreds of dollars on a phone or tablet for your child." — Warren Buckleitner, editor, Children's Technology Review
* Investigate how landforms are created.
* See the Earth transform over time, from a sphere of boiling rock to the continents we live on today.
* Dig under the surface and observe the Earth’s layers from the crust to core.
* Weather, erode, and deposit rocks and sediment. Shape the land with your fingertips!
* Make a river meander. Make a glacier recede and advance. Create sand dunes, sea stacks, and beaches. Trigger a rockslide!
* Discover fossils as you investigate rock formations.
* See how plants weather the Earth by making your own garden.
* Discover mysteries like frost wedging, stalactites and stalagmites, and hotspots.
* Experiment with four different types of volcanoes.
* Earth Day ecology bonus interactions about conservation: test clean energy sources, clean up beaches, and preserve forests.
* Learn new vocabulary in 40+ languages with interactive labels in close-up scenes.
* Original artwork by Sarah Jacoby.
* Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
* Entertaining for kids and adults alike — play together and learn together!
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction tips, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child. We do not allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is not collected or distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make apps for curious, creative, and kind kids.
We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! If you have ideas, or something isn’t working as you expect it to, please contact us: [email protected]
Psst! It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop. :)
- September 14, 2015 Initial release
- September 17, 2015 New version 1.0.1
- October 13, 2015 New version 1.0.2
- November 28, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 06, 2015 New version 1.0.3
- December 06, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- April 15, 2016 New version 1.1.0
- April 15, 2016 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- April 21, 2016 New version 1.1.1
- April 21, 2016 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- April 25, 2016 New version 1.1.2
- July 03, 2016 New version 1.1.3
- November 06, 2016 New version 1.1.5
- April 23, 2018 New version 1.2.1