Tag: Survival »
Kumobius has released a new purchasable chapter for their minimalist game, Duet, called the Encore Chapters. And once again you'll need to keep your two vessels in sync to survive the barrage of obstacles in your path.
The update includes a new story, music, and 30 new stages. It also includes new features such as two directional attack waves and boomerang blocks. Yikes.
You can download Duet for $2.99 and check out the new in-game update for $0.99.
Curious to know how much fun we had trying to hunt habits and avoid zombies? Check out our Radiation Island review!
Radiation Island is a survival game, and as such will have two main categories that its players will naturally fall into: those who think it’s too difficult, and those who think it’s too easy. If you belong to the former, we’ve got some handy tips that should make your first few nights a fair bit easier to handle.
- Grab whatever you can - You’re going to need supplies in order to craft tools and weapons, so make sure you grab everything you see laying on the ground when you’re starting out. This will come in handy very quickly.
- Punch trees - It’s a silly tradition, really, but it’s just as useful here. If you find yourself low on resources and in need of twigs, you can gather them easily by just attacking a tree with nothing equipped.
- Gather from bushes when you can - Large bushes can also be harvested for useful materials. Later on you’ll probably want to use a machete to make things easier but when you’re just starting out bare hands will work just fine. The materials you gather from these bushes will be necessary to craft medicine, bandages, and so on, so don’t ignore them!
- Keep a stack of food on you at all times - You’ll start to get hungry pretty fast, and if you don’t have any food handy you’ll begin to starve in short order. You can find coconuts and pineapples scattered around the beach most of the time, so definitely keep as many on hand as you can.
- Respect the item stacks - Items like food and resources can stack pretty high, so don’t worry about collecting a lot of them. Tools and weapons, on the other hand, do not stack. Keep this in mind when you go out scavenging because inventory space is extremely limited.
- Craft tools as soon as you can - You’ll want at least one axe and one pick so that you can harvest more wood and stone more reliably than hoping you find some laying around. As a bonus, the axe can help you fend off wolves and other hostiles - it’s better than using your bare hands, at least.
- Also make sure to craft a boomerang - It’s a silly little weapon, but it’s simple to craft and is also an important item for the beginning of your game. One hit from the boomerang should kill a rabbit (meat!), and it can be used to weaken a wolf at a distance before it closes in and you’ll have to fight it up close.
- Explore, explore, explore - Keep venturing out to try and find structures to ransack. More often then not you’ll stumble upon items that will aid in crafting more advanced items, or even find better equipment.
- Establish a home base - Find someplace, preferably a building of some kind as it’s less exposed, and use it as your base of operations. It might take some time to craft things like storage boxes and a bed (assuming one or both aren’t already present), but having a place to come back to when it gets dark and being able to dump all your stuff in a central location is incredibly handy.
The Sandbox, by Pixowl Inc., is a popular crafting game that's reached 13 million downloads. The game was recently updated to include two action oriented campaigns.
As Arnold, you must fight your way through new enemies such as the Mummy, Grunt Soldier, Slime, or even a Predator. Using 13 new elements, you cant lay traps, build armor and weapons, and jump around to survive the onslaught.
As always The Sandbox is free to download on the App Store.
We loved minimalist survival game, Duet, when it was first released last October so we're pretty sure a forthcoming update for it will make it all the sweeter.
This Thursday you can enjoy the Epilogue Update, which promises to include 48 new epilogue stages, a new storyline, new game features, plus 4 brand new musical remixes.
The original release included 50 stages, so this update very nearly doubles the content already there, and it's entirely free.
Duet is available now from the App Store priced at $2.99. The update is set to hit the store this Thursday.