Tag: Remedy Entertainment »
What? You think you are going to finish first? That's not what my maxed out gatling gun says! Oh, yeah!!
Well, with Death Rally, this type of intense and action-packed racing is now, once again, available for free. Even if the gatling gun isn't your weapon of choice, there are plenty of other weapons for you to engage in battle with. If you haven't yet, check it out! Or, heck, wait till it goes free again next time.
Fans of the combat racing game Death Rally already know that this is truly the game that keeps on giving. After snagging tons of acclaim upon release, the title has seen a remarkable SEVEN free updates. Move over Rovio, because Remedy Entertainment is gunning for the crown of best fan service.
Here is a laundry list of some of the new features included in this well timed holiday present:
- ROAD WARS MULTIPLAYER: Experience the complete multiplayer campaign. Unlock cars and weapons by destroying your opponents. Advance your career. Claim the crown.
- FRIENDS PLAY: Round up your friends on your own Friends Game Channel. Use auto match and never get lost.
- BATTLE MODIFIERS: Turn the odds in your favor. Use Shotgun Blues to make your auto machine gun shoot shotgun shells, or start your race using nitros with Quick Start.
- WAR PAINT: Unique paint job for Shrieker and Vagabond that brings these cars' performance to a whole new level!
- NEW RANK SYSTEM: From Roadkill to Battle-Hardened Captain, track your progress more accurately than ever before on your way to becoming the Adversary. Carry your shield with pride!
Easily the most remarkable piece of this announcement is the addition of a complete campaign focused entirely on multiplayer content. This kind of support, especially in the arena of multiplayer gaming, is rarely seen this far after a launch. Plus, all of the added features such as the new ranking system and battle modifiers show an added dedication to keeping the game as balanced as possible.
If you have yet to check out Death Rally, it is well worth a look. In celebration of the update the game's price has been dropped to ninety nine cents, so now is certainly the opportunity to take advantage. Fire up the throttle and gear up for one hell of a race.
There's a second update ahoy for owners of top down street racer, Death Rally, and it brings with it some great new features.
Besides the usual mixture of bug fixes and minor improvements, there's a new track, Eureka, which offers slippery thrills galore with an icy theme and unique camera to boot. You can now collect track parts in order to unlock new levels which makes for a great touch. There's an in-app purchase on offer too with the 'Shadow Man' out to help your progress.
Most interestingly of all is that of the new backup system which means you can restore your game progress based upon your Game Center information. It's the kind of feature I, and no doubt many others, would like to see in more titles ensuring you can continue your game regardless of which device you switch to. Particularly convenient considering Death Rally is an universal app, working on both iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad.
The update is available now for all previous owners of Death Rally, otherwise the app is priced at $2.99.