Much to my dismay, a couple of weeks back I received a Facebook friend request from my Grandmother. As if having my mother on my social network of choice wasn’t enough of a drag, after receiving this most recent request, I came to the realization that Facebook contact is becoming more common than even email and phone communication. Under most circumstances, almost all of the people in any given social circle have accounts, so it only makes sense to use it to stay in touch.
But what if you could replace that clunky Facebook Chat interface with something that was more streamlined and efficient? In steps developer CrispApp with their newest release, Facebook Messenger to answer your every concern. Featuring a cleaner interface with additional VoIP functionality, this may very well be your cure for the common Facebook message. Here is what you can expect:
- Chat with Facebook friends from your iPhone/iPod Touch
- Easy-to-use interface
- Get replies instantly with Apple Push Notifications
- Make free VoIP calls to Facebook friends on desktop or iPhone/iPod Touch
- Easily send photos from your album or camera
- Keep track of all your chats and calls with message history
- View your friend’s Wall in the embedded browser without leaving the app
You can even make use of the voice chat features from your PC, without even having to leave Facebook. This is amazing technology that has been a long time coming. Let’s just hope that other voice chat companies like Skype don’t try to swoop in and steal away Facebook Messenger’s user base. For a mere ninty-nine cents, this is the kind of tool that should be a must own for any iPhone userr with a Facebook account. Don’t take it from me though, check out their introduction video to the app. You will no doubt be won over too.