The CoPilot navigation app has received an update that brings a whole bunch of new features.
Version 9.6 unveils the new CommuteMe feature, which looks to learn the user’s daily commute and then provides live traffic and arrival estimation info on the fly. It also gives users the ability to add a point of interest as the next stop without altering the final destination, as well as drag & drop functionality that allows for trip editing and improved POI searching.
There is also an update to the North American map database.
Parent company ALK Technologies consumer business vice president David Quinn mentioned the company’s mission in a press release. “CoPilot v9.6 introduces unique adaptive learning technology and smarter route searching to make your daily drive more predictable and less stressful,” he said. “It’s the latest step in our mission to make every journey easier and more efficient through advanced navigation technology”.
We had a look at CoPilot a while back; it is available on the App Sore for $19.99.
• NEW CommuteMe™ feature learns your preferred daily commute and provides real-time traffic* and ETA info along that personal route you love. You know the one that gets you to work and home for dinner on time!
• NEW ability to add a POI as your next stop without altering your final destination
• NEW Drag & Drop trip editing to easily move stops up or down within your trip
• IMPROVED POI search on your route to find the closest POIs and save time by avoiding driving too far out of your way
• YOU ASKED FOR IT so we made it simple to change your CoPilot ID (email address) directly within CoPilot, just go to MyCoPilot > My Account
• ADDED the option to navigate to Decimal Minutes Coordinates
• NEW! Free map update – In addition to an update for our maps of North America, CoPilot now includes the complete street-level map of Puerto Rico for reliable offline routing and guidance.